Responsible for having oversight responsibility over the credit risk function which includes but not limited to the following:
- Pre-empt fraud detection challenges at the strategy and portfolio level and provide analytical/modelling solutions.
- Utilize customer data to build risk segmentation and mitigation strategies.
- Establish and monitor policies and procedures that will foster the company’s potential to meet its sales and risk management goals. Monitor and assess active accounts to reduce or prevent bad debt losses.
- Communicate current policies and procedures to subordinates and other affected parties.
- Assist in controlling costs associated with operating and collecting credits.
- Actively support efforts to identify credit risk related issues and coordinate issues resolution management.
- Produce key management reports and respond to ad hoc requests by managing consumer credit risk reporting resources.
- Ensure effective design and oversight of the consumer quality function; identify the scope and prioritize local quality control resources.
- Provide support for pricing and new product process for credit risk inputs (loss assumptions and product risk assessments).
Responsible for having oversight responsibility over the enterprise risk function which includes but not limited to the following:
- Formulate and implement Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) for the Company.
- Undertake risk assessment and risk mitigation for all business operations and support units to ensure that all major risks are identified and mitigated.
- Ensure that Risk Control Self-Assessment reviews are conducted effectively and comprehensively, on schedule with appropriate risk mitigation advice.
- Ensure the Company has proper, systematic management and compliance with established policies, practices and procedures related to risk management.
- Establish risk manuals and maintain relevant documentation for audit and inspection.
- Identify potential risk event, loss or exposures (both financial and non-financial), evaluate or analyse these risk events and provide recommendations to Executive Management on how to mitigate the potential impact and/or occurrence.
- Assist in identifying improvements in current systems, policies and strategies and take actions to mitigate emerging enterprise and related risks.
- Ensure regular and timely reporting to the management and/or the Board Risk Committee on the outcome of risk management activities undertaken.
- Keep abreast with the latest risk management practices and/or standards and proactively adapt these practices and/or standards where appropriate.
- Assist in cultivating an organisation-wide culture of risk awareness and management
- Gather and compile data related to risk from internal and external resources.
- Select or develop and implement appropriate risk assessment models or methodologies.
- Develop and implement contingency plans to manage business interruptions, volatile market events, and other emergencies.
- Ensure and/or facilitate adequate communication concerning key risks.
- Draft and/or evaluate risk disclosures and similar documentation.
- Maintain knowledge of existing and developing laws and regulations related to the organization’s industry; assesses and explains how new requirements may affect the organization in terms of risk exposure.
- Responsible for any other responsibilities that will be assigned by your supervisor, Executive Management and the Board of Directors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Risk Management, Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, Business Management, or industry-related area required.
- 5 years relevant senior management experience in a similar role.
Skills / Attributes
- Sound Enterprise Risk Management principles and philosophy.
- Good knowledge of best practice standards for Risk Management, Business Operations and Financial Operations and Processes.
- Strong conceptual and analytical thinking skills.
- Acts as an agent of change and stimulates others to change. Paves the way for needed changes;
- Good written, presentation and communication skills; able to prepare statistical and narrative reports.
- Must be flexible and be able to participate in multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to work under broad direction but is a self-motivated individual who is able to work independently.
- Has technical responsibility and accountability for work performed and decisions taken.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate and manage relationship at all levels with business users, financial institutions, vendors as well as team members.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.