- Supervise and direct teachers in teaching and learning, and ensure adherence to school policies and procedures.
- Supervise teachers in the preparation of weekly lesson notes, long/short term forecasts, and delivery of early childhood curriculum.
- Ensure teacher lesson plans, supply requests, etc., are completed and vetted on time.
- Take the lead with classroom curriculum planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Provide direction for teaching staff in classroom management when needed.
- Implement appropriate standards for children’s discipline and behaviour.
- Manage teachers in the assessment, monitoring and maintaining of accurate records of children’s progress and the preparation of termly reports.
- Ensure the adequacy and effectiveness of extracurricular activities.
- Improve and maintain quality standards.
- Maintain confidentiality, and meet strict deadlines at all time
- Liaise with outside agencies e.g. GES
Qualification and Requirements
- Minimum of a Degree in Education
- Minimum of Eight (8) years or more work experience in teaching and school administration.
- Experience with school teaching or administration in an international school is a plus.
- Must be technologically savvy.