Our client is one of the reputable real estate and construction companies in Ghana. The location for this position is Accra, Ghana. The suitable candidate must have strong electrical function experience, as well as mechanical and plumbing experience. This position is for expatriates with electrical experience only.
- Responsible for the planning and designing of MEP systems including related drawings, specifications and cost estimates.
- Responsible for delivering MEP solutions to engineering queries and requests from internal/external stakeholders of the company
- Prepares bills of quantities and budgets related to MEP systems and activities.
- Support procurement with system and material specifications and provides technical advice relevant to MEP systems, in particular advises on long lead MEP items that may affect progress of the works.
- Assist in the evaluation of MEP related proposals, tender documents, systems and products
- Assist in developing schedules and milestones to deliver projects in agreed time.
- Oversees and monitors the construction of mechanical/electromechanical, electrical and plumbing systems.
- Ensure adherence to quality control, monitoring compliance with building and safety codes and relevant regulations.
- Develop policy standards, operating and inspection procedures and evaluation tools for MEP matters.
- Responsible for the effective day to day operation of the MEP department.
- Maintain effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Perform any other duties related to the job function as may be necessary
Qualifications & Competencies
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Construction Engineering.
- Over 8 years’ experience in MEP
- Should be able to work both on site and in the office
- Expert skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
- A highly self-motivated individual
- Successful applicant should have a high sense of urgency and a pro-active approach to problem solving
- Action oriented with a professional presence
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Team-oriented, hands-on, highly skilled, adaptive
- Proven track record on completing projects
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.