A reputable International School that runs the Cambridge Curriculum is urgently looking for a passionate, dynamic individual to lead the JHS Department of the school. The Head of Section (or equivalent) is responsible for leading a substantial academic section and associated staff within the School, for appropriately developing the research and teaching activities within the section, and for championing the activities of the section across the School and the school community.
- Minimum Qualification:MBA / MSc
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:3 years
Supervision of Academic Documents
- Reviews all documents submitted on teaching and learning and supports teachers to make necessary amendments
- Ensures teaching documents are well prepared and submitted on time for review
Supervision of Learning
- Creates and sustains a safe environment for teaching and learning
- Sets broad sectional goals and ensure students meet their learning objectives.
- Observes lessons and suggest training support for teachers where necessary.
Examination / Assessment Duties (Internal)
- Oversees preparation of examination questions to meet required standards
- Manages submission of examination papers to meet deadlines and ensure safety
- Manages post examination procedures: marking, recording of marks, review
Examination Duties (External)
- Oversees organizing and supervising of all external examinations.
- Liaises with GES / CIE to organize and conduct all external examinations
- Maintains regular contact with the relevant external examination board about updates of curriculums and syllabuses
- Implements changes to the school’s curriculum in accordance with amendments to the external curriculum
- Provides Head of School / Principal with information on all new changes and interventions
Management of Section
- Prepares and maintains teaching timetables and term calendars in time for use in the academic year
- Ensures teachers report regularly and promptly for duties.
- Coordinates the work of Heads of Department / Subject coordinators, to promote growth in the Section
- Presents reports, documents and other findings related to the management and success of the section on a regular basis.
- Oversees the section’s day-to-day disciplinary matters, and takes prompt action in line with school policy
- Conducts teacher and staff evaluations and advises on promotions and disciplinary measures for staff
- Organizes and oversees orientations for new staff in the section
- Manages the budget of the section and advises on hiring teachers and other personnel in the section
- Ensures the section follows regulations set by local educational authorities and, where applicable, CIE.
Managing Students and Parents
- Organizes and oversees all forms of school orientations in the section: new pupils, new parents.
- In line with the school’s policies, oversees the implementation of pastoral care in the section.
- Works directly and transparently with parents/guardians to ensure the success and welfare of pupils
- Ensures positive public relations with the outside world
Academic Team Responsibilities
- Prepares adequately for and regularly attends management meetings
- Contributes positively and constructively to issues discussed at management meetings
- Reports directly to Head of School / Principal
- Strong analytical skills
- Supervision skills
- Detail oriented
- Good organizational skills
- Incisive and clear thinker
- Qualified teacher status. A Master’s degree is essential
- Experience of monitoring and evaluating teaching.
- Evidence of outstanding teaching and high expectations with respect to standards
- Ability to lead departmental staff, provide clear vision and command respect.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
- Committed to the development of all staff and to own personal development.
N.B: Qualified persons should forward their Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.