- Prepare annual budget and work plans for Information Technology activities for approval by Management and monitor its implementation.
- Develop an overall business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for technology spending and initiatives.
- Lead in IT Tender, Evaluation, Testing, Installation and Acceptance.
- Approve, prioritise and control projects as they relate to the selection, acquisition, development and installation of major information systems within the organization.
- Establish and maintain strong professional working relationships with Telecommunication Companies, Regulatory Agencies, Service Providers, External Auditors and other stakeholders in the area of IT management.
- Stay abreast with legislations, rules/regulations, new developments and international best practices in IT management and advice on new trends/practices in anticipation of new business initiatives and system alterations.
- Prepare reports on the performance of the organization's IT system for management decision making.
- Direct technological research and identify new initiatives and infrastructure to support all operations and projects.
- Review hardware and software acquisition and maintenance contracts and pursue master agreements to achieve operational efficiency and economies of scale.
Qualification and Competencies
- A Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant IT and Managerial experience.
- Expertise in data center management and data governance
- Hands-on experleilce with computer networks, network administration and network installation
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems