Your Mission in our Vision
As Recruitment Manager: Your mission is to lead the team that handles all recruitment roles that the company has been tasked to fill. Be the bridge between the candidate and the client ensuring a successful placement of skill and successful close.
You are required to use your extensive recruitment knowledge, combined with deep user and market understanding to work with the sales team to procure and close deals for our various clients.
As Head of H.R.: Your mission is to ensure continuous improvement to HR operational workflow and provide adequate human capital management insights and support to the relevant business units.
Reporting to: CEO, Group Head of H.R.
Direct Reports: Recruitment Consultants, H.R. Generalists / Interns
- Manage the team of recruiters
- Weekly standups with the team to share and collaborate on candidates and clients needs.Training of recruiters as and when required
- Assist with relevant proposals and present when and if required
- Ensure close rate is adhered to and advise on improvements where required
- Work with the head of sales to ensure even spread of workload amongst the recruiters
- Working with the Head of Sales on pricings where and when required
- Assist when required with relevant MOU’s
- Advise and close on relevant clients deals together with the Head of Sales
- Ensure that the ATS is used effectively by all team members
- All positions are advertised on our relevant platforms
- Advertising of roles is done so in a professional manner
- Ensure CRM is 100% up to date
- Reporting from CRM on all current deals
- Reporting back to head of sales as and when required
- Channel optimization monthly
As Head of H.R.
- Draw up country manpower plans on a regular basis, discuss with Brand CEO and communicate approved plans and conducting placement activities for approved vacancies;
- Report and manage high potential staff members and career progression within the group Policies
- Assist with the development and implemention of all company policies that are in line with country best practises and labor laws;
- Communication of any policies changes to staff
- Update the information in the company H.R. Handbooks as required from time to time
- Ensure that all employees have read the H.R. Handbook and have signed copies on file to reflect same
Recruitment and Onboarding:
- Manage all recruitment activities within the brand in line with the Hiring
- Policy - including but not limited to: Keeping a candidate pool of active suitable candidates for any sales roles
- Consult and assist line managers throughout the recruitment process to ensure consistency in the process, and salary parity requirements within the ROAM salary bands
- Ensure that all adverts that are placed on the respective brands job boards are shared on the ‘’Talent and vacancies’’ slack channel
- Conduct all onboarding activities to ensure new hires are inducted into the
- respective brands
- Ensure that all offboarding is done in a consistent manner as per the offboarding process as outlined by ROAM
- Constantly re-assess and ensure that the business units are set up for success from an operational organisational design perspective
- Consult and advise on improvements that may need to be implemented and implement on same
Training and Development
- Creation of annual training and development plans against budgets as assigned annually.
- Detect developmental needs of staff members and consult and include in the annual training plans
- Keep an updated register of training interventions that have been done, together with attendance registers
- Lead disciplinary and grievance processes in accordance with the Disciplinary policy
- Lead investigations of employee issues that need to be resolved;
- Manage any hearings that may arise and sign off on all as required
- Have a deep understanding of the relevant labor laws within the country in which you operate and advise line managers as and when required.
- Organise timely monthly payroll and approve for payment following approval from business CEO and in line with payroll policy and procedure
- Update payspace with any salary or structural changes in reporting lines.
- Lead and advise in executing performance improvement plans and management of the process in line with company policy and procedure;
- Manage the performance appraisal process, which is run 3 times a year, by ensuring that Leapsome is upto date with new hires, changes in reporting timelines etc.
- Follow up on staff members who have yet to create their OKR’s and Key
Results on the Leapsome system
- On-going training to Line Managers on how to run an effective performance review and manage any issues that may arise from the performance management cycles.
- Advise and consult with line management on team performance issues
- Implement performance improvement plans when required
- Create a high performing culture in ROAM by running surveys on Leapsome to determine the needs of the organisation
- Implement team building and other relevant activities to ensure that our staff are motivated, feel connected, and are living the values of ROAM on a daily basis
● Monthly H.R. reporting to the Group Head of H.R. on
- Performance Improvement Plans implemented
- Warnings that have been issued
- Monthly ROI on our sales staff
- Recruitment activities
- Headcount management
● Trimester reporting on
- Attrition rates for the trimester
- Leave balances for the trimester
- Surveys and results run for the trimester
- Head count
- Training interventions completed during the trimester
- Management of your Training budget
- You will be required to successfully ensure management of employees by following company policy and procedure on work attendance, leave, conflicts of interest;
- Updating of org structures
- Provide guidance on H.R. best practices to the line managers and CEO’s as and when required
- Have a deep understanding of operations and how staff productivity impacts on the bottom line.
- Take part in-country management meetings as and when required
- Ensure that the town halls run in your respective country, which has a standard H.R. component, where you will be responsible for necessary content
- Ad-hoc strategic initiatives as implemented by the Group Head of H.R.
Qualifications and Relevant Experience Required:
- A bachelor’s degree in business related discipline, pref. graduated in HRM or holds a diploma in HR;
- Extensive experience in talent acquisition and the building of relevant talent pools.
- Certified HR practitioner by a governing body in the country;
- At least 5 years progressive experience in a role that requires a generalist HR professional;
- Basic knowledge of various employment laws and labor practises in the country;
- Skilled at working effectively with and in leading cross functional teams in a matrix and virtual teams environment;
- Proven working experience in payroll management, disciplinary & grievance, performance goal setting, feedback and appraisal meetings, PIP management, employee separation, new employee onboarding and orientation, employee interview process, vetting, negotiating and contracting;
- Proven ability to prepare HR reports and distribute;
- Very strong in oral and written communication in English incl. interviewing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal abilities, has a basic understanding of psychology;
- Ability to work with various departments and foster teamwork;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of the job requirement;
- Demonstrate strong abilities as an organizer, relationship builder, negotiator, problem solver, public speaker and customer services person;
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner;
- Skillful at investigating matters, gathering and analyzing information;
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and initiative in dealing with daily assumptions;
- Ability to conduct basic training for group of employees (e.g. onboarding);
- Ability to develop and sustain productive customer relationships;
- Able to handle difficult conversations effectively.
- Holding people accountable
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.