Logistics are the arteries of global commerce. FreezeLink is Ghana’s leading logistics company focused on temperature-sensitive food, beverage, and pharmaceuticals. We are currently seeking a Head of Finance to spearhead expansion. For the successful candidate, this will mean:
- Joining a fast-growing consumer goods distributor where employees will be rewarded on merit.
- Receiving world class management – standards are set by FreezeLink-leadership’s experience with companies like Nestle, Procter and Gamble, and Unilever.
- Leadership - the Head of Finance should look forward to the highlight of their career. The successful candidate will be a commercially-astute team builder who will find intrinsic reward in improving how/what consumers across West Africa eat.
What You'll Do
- Set FreezeLink’s finance strategies and objectives.
- Play a pivotal role in proposals and business-model development for FreezeLink’s trailblazing service lines.
- Lead in the timely preparation of the budgets and secure board of directors’ approval.
Reporting & Analysis:
- Ensure all internal and external reporting requirements are met on time - including preparation of monthly and quarterly accounts and Statutory Annual Financial Statements.
- Prepare monthly projects/service line profitability reports.
- Ensure timely, accurate, and comprehensive board reports for quarterly meetings.
- Generate weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annually liquidity reports and associated mismatches.
- Prepare a monthly revenue maximisation and cost minimisation measures reports to assist in decision making.
- Facilitate timely discussion and raising of debts and other funding to support project executions to avoid delays.
- Manage taxation process for the Company.
- Serve as custodian of the General Ledger, Chart of Accounts, and the central repository for all Financial and Management information for the Company.
- Manage the liquidity of the company to ensure optimal use of funds sourcing and utilisation
- Manage the processing, payment and reconciliation of all suppliers.
- Lead in the timely preparation of the budgets and secure board approval for implementation.
- Monitor Balance sheet and Income Statement account movements and turn these into actionable insight.
Who You Are
- BSc (Accounting/ Finance) or B. Com
- ICA, ACCA, CIMA or similar qualification
Knowledgeable and experience:
- Knowledge of business practices in the logistics or retail sectors. Knowledge of agriculture, food, beverage, and pharmaceutical sectors are also a bonus.
- Experience in/with the private equity sector is a bonus.
- Sound experience budgeting and forecasting
- Good communication and presentation skills at a senior level
- Strategic planning and management experience
- Willingness to get involved in detail
Commercial acumen: if you have a good sense of commercial risk and innovative business models and are thrilled by fast business growth, this is an ideal role for you.
What You'll Need To Succeed
- +8 years of work experience.
- +4 years’ post-qualification experience.
- In-depth understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Strategic planning and management experience.
- Experience building a team.
- Commercial acumen, with an eye for business opportunity.
We look forward to hearing from qualified candidates