The Lead, IT Support will report to the Head of IT Operations and will be responsible for coordinating and facilitating rapid resolution of incidents and timely response to service requests impacting business operations. He/She will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Technology Help Desk, and will also be responsible of End User Computing services procurement, provisioning and day to day operations and support. The role is responsible of managing IT assets and keeping the Technology assets register up to date in collaboration with all stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be based in Canada or any of our listed offices in Africa (Rwanda, Ethiopia, Uganda, Kenya, South Africa, Ghana and Nigeria).
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of a multi-site team ensuring Help Desk and End User Services SLAs are met, respond to key stakeholders in a concise and timely manner.
- Coordinate and/or perform hands-on fixes, patches and software updates at the desktop level, and as appropriate at the network level including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Actively monitor the Technology Assets Register including Software and Hardware Assets ensuring it reflects an accurate picture of the company assets at all times.
- Track and analyze latest trends in Help Desk & End Users Computing services like automation and remote provisioning.
- Actively seek to build relationships by taking the opportunity to build rapport and understand stakeholder needs, listen, identify, and provide advice to the team that adds value and creates solutions.
- Coordinate post go live support for Business Application projects ensuring new Applications Support Model integrates well with existing Help Desk services.
- Oversee the development, implementation, and administration of help desk suppliers and staff training procedures and policies
- Manage team workload, monitor progress and gains buy-in, contributes to the development of work plans and team goals.
- Seek solutions to drive a customer training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency .
- Oversee the development and dissemination of help sheets, usage guides, and FAQ lists for internal stakeholders for all key tools provided by Technology.
WHO YOU ARE
- 10+ years’ relevant experience within a global organization, including at least 3 years in a management role overseeing a broad help desk & end user computing services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Commerce, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or related area.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to coach team members.
- Proven experience in managing suppliers and negotiating help desk contracts and end user computing hardware and services procurement.
- A solid understanding of the following Technologies but not limited to: Windows 10 and Office 365, SharePoint, Adobe, Videoconferencing tools, Yammer and other Microsoft Digital Workplace tools, WAN/LAN/Wi-Fi, VOIP, Core Networking, Cloud Services, printing services, SurfacePro line of products, inTune, SCCM or equivalent products and tools.
- Knowledge of ITSM standards and tools and experience using an ITSM tool to drive service delivery and performance especially in Service / Help Desk context.
- Knowledge of and experience in applying ITIL principles and standards to improve incident resolution and customer service standards especially in Service / Help Desk context.
- Are results driven and motivated by a sense of performance excellence and a sense of urgency; possesses a proactive and ‘self-starter’ mentality.
- Possesses a global mind-set and professional maturity and demonstrates sensitivity to working within different cultures.
- You have a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
- French language and/or local language skills are an asset.