A. Treasury, Finance Controls and Taxation
- Implement Finance Controls and Taxation Policies and Procedures across the organisation.
- Prepare Monthly Management reports and Financial Statements.
- Maintain fixed assets register in accounting system and conduct spot and planned physical counts. Clear Fixed Assets. Control Account of new Fixed Assets purchased and label them.
- Prepare monthly financial and management information reporting on the performance of the organisation to the Directors
- Responsible for all banking and Treasury activities of the organization.
- Prepare Bank reconciliations at the end of each Month
- Supervise petty cash and issue reconciliation statement at the end of each month.
- Ensure that all petty cash transactions are posted in Accounting Systems.
- Prepare and Inspect schedule for filing PAYE, SSNIT, VAT, WHT and Minor Taxes. Reconcile Tax Accounts at the end of each month. Ensure that all Tax returns are filed for each month.
- Take lead in the tax planning process to ensure that the company optimizes its tax exposure.
- Prepare annual budgets and Business Plans for the organization.
- Prepare draft financial statements in accordance with IFRS and applicable local laws for audit.
- Assist in responding to all audit queries and issues of management letters if at all the come up.
- Act as the liaison between the Company and the banks, tax authorities, tax consultants, and external auditors.
- Conduct spot and planned physical count of inventory.
- Cause or ensure end of Month Fixed Assets and Inventory Schedule count are executed and, to support the Months Financial Statements.
- Support Operations in the preparation of Operations and Maintenance as well as all support services (Logistics, Security, Project) budget.
- Ensure that statements are obtained for all fuel cards used at the end of each month for proper reconciliation.
C. Contract & Procurement
- Evaluate and create Purchase and Release Purchase Order.
- Receive and match purchase invoices for payment processing.
- Carryout monthly reconciliation of all vendors and issue age analysis report at the end of each Month.
- Ensure there are no budgets over runs at any point in time in the procurement process and if so, appropriate authorization is received in line with laid down procedure. and other accounting and finance duties