Who are we
There are 2B adults worldwide that don’t have a bank account. 2B. That’s ~40% of the world’s adult population. 350M of these live in Sub Saharan Africa. They are hardworking, young, connected adults that are invisible to the traditional banking system. Fido is changing that. We are building a borderless digital bank so that everyone can access financial products like credit, savings, and payments that make lives easier and better.
Are you tired of building boring enterprise software? Want to be an early employee in a unique consumer brand? Want to do work that has an impact on society? Join us. We build consumer products that are powered by a magical cocktail of real time mission critical ML models, behavioral psychology and financial engineering. We promote meritocracy, decide fast and commit, and worship data. Come join us as one of our early team members.
What will you do?
- Lead the Micro credit business of the company in Ghana
- Develop and implement objectives, action plans, budgets and initiatives as assigned by the Group CEO.
- Produce for review by the CEO, monthly and quarterly financial and narrative reports on operational targets.
- Monitor and adjust the Fido Business Plan to accurately reflect its strategic direction.
- Develop strategies to ensure year on year growth of the Fido Micro credit business.
- Develop and deepen relationships with Fido’s business partners as appropriate.
- Maintain positive relationships with investors and other stakeholders and actively seek new sources of additional funding.
- Maintain good relationships with government regulatory authorities and ensure that the company is in compliance with all relevant laws, statutes, and regulations.
What are we looking for?
- 5+ years in leading Micro Credit Operations
- Experience in Fintech and Financial Services - preferably retail banking
- Bachelor's degree or higher in business, economics or finance related field. Masters degree is a plus.
- Highly committed with a strong sense of ownership and responsibility.
- Excellent communication and inter- personal skills.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Hands-on, results oriented, thrives when challenged.
- Experience managing cross-functional teams