Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute maintenance plan for terminal equipment
- Conducts hands-on inspection of Terminal Equipment and supervises Critical engineering activities.
- Develops and implements maintenance policies, procedures, guidelines and appropriate information systems.
- Contributes to the continuous improvement process and to the meeting of relevant objectives and targets.
- Manages the cost of inventory by implementation “just in time” stock levels based on replacement evaluation of replacement parts for plants and equipment.
- Ensures equipment reliability and performance meet required production standard through equipment performance monitoring statistics & maintenance of proper programs.
- Analyses day-to-day breakdown occurrences and recommends/implements corrective and preventive actions.
- Co-ordinates with Crane Maintenance team and Operations on the implementation and completion of scheduled Preventive and Corrective Maintenance Works on time and within acceptable budgeted cost.
- Conducts audit checks of maintenance activities by ensuring proper work procedure is being followed, documents are complete, signed and inspected by the maintenance supervisors.
- Reviews and approves purchase requisitions for spare parts, materials and tool requirements for the proper maintenance of terminal equipment and facilities.
- Ensures safety, health and environmental standards are met throughout operations, and all accidents/injuries are investigated thoroughly and reviews them with the management team.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical related discipline
- A minimum of 10 years experience in a managerial position in an Engineering Department especially in port operation
- Must have extensive knowledge of terminal operations practices and principles.
- Must have an excellent working knowledge of managerial and leadership principles, with the ability to influence other management team members and lead a department of technically proficient individuals.
- Must be very familiar with all aspects of the systems support for the terminal, including software applications, equipment, and workflow.
- Must have extensive knowledge of safety, health and environmental issues as they affect the workplace, including local regulations, national requirements, and governmental agency requirements.
- Must be familiar with maritime codes.
- Must have a working knowledge of labor law, company policies and procedures, and general work rules and standard operating procedures for the terminal.
- Must have a working knowledge of budget preparation and financial applications; including an understanding of basic accounting, statistics, problem-solving, goal setting, and business applications.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong leadership, influencing as well as negotiation skills.
- Must be able to exercise sound business judgment in order to set direction and establish priorities.
- Must demonstrate excellent analytical skills, including the ability to extract and analyze data.
- Must demonstrate exceptional time management skills; due to a fast-moving, demanding work environment.
- Must have good presentation skills and have very excellent Microsoft suite skills.
Qualified interested candidates for any of these positions should send emails with their application letters and Curriculum Vitae to:
Premium Advisors Executive Search & Recruitment at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly indicate the Position you are applying for in the Subject of the email.
Closing Date for submission is 23 rd June, 2021. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.