· Lead and drive the activities of the Business development team to achieve the set targets of the Group.
· Prospect for potential new clients for the Company leading to an increased business.
· Cold call as appropriate with the capital market space to ensure a robust pipeline opportunities and meet potential clients by growing, maintaining and leveraging Group’s network.
· Identify potential clients, research and build relationships with new clients.
· Work with team to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns and objectives.
· Participate in pricing solutions/service.
· Make investment presentations to potential clients.
· Present new products and services to clients and enhance existing relationships.
· Identify opportunities for campaigns, services and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in business.
· Using knowledge of the capital market and competitors to identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators
· Develops short and long-term plans and budgets for the marketing and sales programmes and its activities; monitors progress, assures adherence to departmental plans, and evaluates performance.
· Keeps the Executive and Management Committees informed of developments in the fields of sales/ marketing as it relates to the financial services industry and uses this information to help the Company operate with initiative and innovation.
· Coordinates the appearance/layout and layout consistency of all Company print and electronic production such as letterheads, use of logo, brochures, calendars, diaries, branded items etc.
Specific Skills Requirements
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to cultivate and manage executive-level client and business relationships.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Good project management skills
· Excellent persuasion and negotiation skills
· Strong work ethic, organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
· Demonstrated team player and leader.
Educational/Certification Requirements and Work Experience
· A minimum of 10 years of investment banking and capital markets experience.
· A minimum of an MBA degree or equivalent post-graduate degree in Marketing, Finance, or related field.
· Should have successfully completed the Ghana Stock Exchange (GSE) Securities Courses and passed the examinations at all levels.