- Ensure strategic objectives shaped at Executive Management level are translated into tactical business plans with mechanisms for key measurements in place to monitor progress.
- Ensure that operations change projects are delivered in line with directions from Executive Management level.
- Coordinate the efforts of the different operational areas under management to ensure minimal duplication of efforts, maximum efficiency and to maximize value for money.
- Re-balance resources between different areas e.g. reallocating budgets, but within overall approved resources for the year.
- Contribute to the development of business unit strategy by providing a view on potential improvements for products or services and an assessment of the existing situation and anticipated changes in the external environment.
- Manage departmental budgets including signing off of invoices and quotes within mandate. Escalate out of budgets items to the Managing Director for approval.
- Sign off capital expenditure within budget. This includes approving purchase decisions for desktop computers, laptops, departmental equipment etc.
- Analyze the effectiveness of processes and systems in use in general for Bank and recommend corrective action or automation.
- Benchmark productivity of the department against industry standards and create measures to improve productivity.
- To be an integral part and driver of the strategic planning, budgeting and forecasting of business requirements and decision making process.
- Build strong relationships with key external stakeholders, regulators, suppliers, etc. to ensure correct focus and direction for the bank at operations and technology level.
- Ensure an effective and efficient operating model is maintained.
- Develop and facilitate planning across the COO environment.
- Accountable for driving the business model under the COO environment
- Serve on external committees where applicable
- Ensure that risk is effectively addressed in all aspects of the business under the COO
- Ensure that a proper infrastructure (building, systems and staff complement) is maintained and developed for the bank.
- Accountable for planning and opening of new branches (outlets) in terms of expansion of the business and business plans.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders and peers to ensure there is focus on the operations division.
- Provide clear directions on strategic goals, translating and prioritizing them into business and performance measures for each of the departments within the division
- Lead, inspire and coach the leadership team within the division, creating succession to key roles and enhancing management capability with the division.
- Monitor the strict adherence to governance and setting high standards of professionalism across the functions
- Review Performance Appraisals to determine effectiveness of interventions.
- Alignment to Business Strategy All Operational areas have strategic directions that are aligned to the Bank’s Business Strategy
- Compliance to Regulatory and Operational policies: - The operations division adheres to all regulatory and Bank policies
- Project implementation: All the approved projects within the division are executed in accordance with scope, time and budget
- Service delivery across all the operational areas and that SLAs are adhered to
- All the departments consistently score high marks in customer satisfaction surveys
- The departments operate within the set budgets
- Minimum of Bachelor degree in any business or numerate discipline
- A professional qualification (ACCA)
- Minimum of 15 years relevant work experience in the banking industry, 8 out of which must have been at a senior management level
- Banking operations experience.
Job Knowledge and Skills Proficiency
- Detailed knowledge of Banking procedures, policy and principles
- Transaction processing and banking operations
Experience of risk, credit analysis, credit and treasury Operations
- Extensive experience of cash management, account services, clearing and payments
Proficiency in use of relevant banking applications
- Financial analysis and interpretation Strong planning, control and organizing abilities
- Knowledge of banking rules and regulations
- Strong capacity for leadership and decision making
- Strong written and oral communication ability
- Sound analytical and probing capacity
- People development and management ability
- Be of high integrity and ethical standards
- Result oriented with ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadline
Key Performance Indicators (Indicative)
- e.g. Number of queries from Head Office on incorrect returns
- Customer satisfaction
- Quality of customer service
- Customer loyalty
- Net revenue
- Ratio of operating costs to total income
- Customer profitability
- NPLs versus total assets
Applicants should send Cv's to firstname.lastname@example.org and make the subject of the mail, the Job Title of the role being applied for.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.