NAWEC Building the future:
NAWEC is the national Water and Electricity company of the Gambia. a vertically integrated public utility that handles generation, transmission, and distribution of electricity, as well as water production and distribution and sewerage.
After years of underinvestment, NAWEC has commenced upon a major programme of transformation and change designed to modernise its infrastructure and re-engineer its systems, procedures and organisation. With the support of Government, Donors and Lenders major investments are happening in Transmission and Distribution networks, Generating plant, Water Infrastructure and Operating systems. NAWEC’s Group Mission is:”To ensure the safe, efficient and effective and environmentally friendly provision of affordable nationwide electricity, water and sewage services to satisfy customer requirements, achieve a financially sound position and contribute to the socio-economic development of The Gambia1
To progress our Mission and drive the Transformation NAWEC needs to recruit a Group Head of Health Safety and Environment
NAWEC has placed Health Safety and Environment at the centre of its business agenda. To sustain this NAWEC needs to build Health Safety and Environment expertise and infrastructure and to create a culture where everyone is committed to the best health and safety practices and top class environment outcomes. A significant step in developing these objectives is the appointment of a Group Head of Health Safety and Environment.
The Group Head of Health Safety and Environment will be responsible for the following:-
- Development, maintenance and review of NAWEC’s health and safety policies in conformance with legislation and regulations and international best practice
- Translating health and safety policies into working procedures and practices across the organisation including Risk assessment, Auditing, Emergency procedures and Reporting.
- Development, maintenance and review of NAWEC’s Environment policies in conformance with legislation, regulations and good practice and strongly focussed on sustainability.
- Strategies and plans around minimising NAWEC’s impact on the environment including waste management, recycling, pollution reduction and pollution prevention
- Development of appropriate Health Safety & Environment structures across the organisation including roles and responsibilities and training
- Mobilising support for Health Safety & Environment policies and practices through communications and persuasion
- A Third level qualification preferably to Masters level
- Extensive experience in an industry of comparable scale and scope to NAWEC.
- Particular experience and qualifications in either Health and Safety or Environmental affairs would be a significant advantage
For More Information and a detailed job description see NAWEC’s Website WWW.NAWEC.GM under Public Information/Career Opportunities
The Rewards. NAWEC has restructured its rewards package and can offer an attractive deal of Salary and Allowances for the right person. NAWEC can also offer a generous re-settlement package to applicants interested in returning home
How to Apply.
Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org expressing your interest along with a brief resume. Your resume should be no more than 2X A4 pages and should include basic information including Name, Address, Date of Birth, Contact details, Education and Qualifications along with a brief listing of your employment to date.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.