The job holder, Group Head of Risk and Compliance will be located in Accra.
The Group Head of Risk & Compliance will report to the Group Chief Executive Officer
- The job holder will be generally responsible for the group’s Enterprise Risk Management, drafting and communication of risk management policies as well as the analysis of risk management issues within the Group.
- The role is expected to evaluate risk exposure and develop contingency plans and solutions that reduce and control risk in the subsidiaries’ daily operations.
- The job holder is expected to provide expert advice on risk management issues.
- The job holder is also responsible for developing compliance programs and reviewing company policies and advising management to ensure that business processes and transactions follow all relevant legal and internal guidelines on possible compliance risks in line with regulatory requirements.
Qualification and Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Risk Management, or related field
- Holder of a relevant professional qualification (IRM, SOA, ICA, ACCA, CPA, etc) is essential
- A post-graduate degree will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 12 years working experience with at least 8 years executive management level in Risk Management/Actuarial role
- Working knowledge of both Life and Non-Life Insurance business
Knowledge / Skills
- Proficiency in risk and compliance issues
- Commercial awareness and ability to understand broad business issues
- Ability to build relationships with key stakeholders
- Analytical skills in risk assessment and problem solving
- In-depth knowledge of the Finance and Insurance sectors
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software to prepare reports and policies
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to handle private sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Strong numerical skills
- Ability to act in advance to deal with expected needs, changes or difficulties
Mode of Application
Application letter, detailed C.V with all relevant documents should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 7th September 2021.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.