Salary Range: Net salary of 700-1,000 cedis depending on experience
The Graphic Designer accomplishes customer service and production activities by employing pre and post digital production and practices; assist in maintaining day to day operational activities. The Graphic Designer is responsible for producing complete specialized print projects in compliance with job specifications and in accordance with company quality standards and procedures.
- Create images that identify a product or convey a message
- Develop graphics for product illustrations, social media, and websites
- Select colors, images, text style, and layout
Digital Press Operations
- Coordinate with the Production Team to produce and prioritize jobs, and when necessary reorganize to meet deadline changes and updates.
- Communicate effectively with the customer service and/or customers, informing and updating them regularly to guarantee that both sales and customer objectives are met.
- Operate the digital presses (printer) and other production equipment in accordance with equipment operating procedures to produce complete jobs
- Operate finishing equipment as needed to complete the work order.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting customer files for production.
Equipment and Supplies
- Clean and maintain equipment and work area following maintenance procedures.
- Understand and perform all troubleshooting procedures on the digital presses.
- Monitor and manage inventory of supplies. Order and stock supplies as instructed by supervisor.
- Inform supervisor of equipment problems and place service calls when needed
Qualification and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or HND or equivalent
- At least two years of experience in a similar position
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, CorelDraw, etc.
- Familiarity with handling digital files; able to create postscript files.
- Knowledge of printing terminology and print design techniques
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and ability to multitask
- Compassionate and warm personality
- Experience with order management system
- Good understanding of Printer, copier functions and bindery processes
- Customer Service: Phone, Email, Face to Face skills
- Printing industry knowledge
- Quality Focus: Listening, Attention to detail, Analyzing information
- Problem Solving: Resolving conflict
- Must be familiar with adobe creative suite, CorelDraw, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, premiere pro and after effects