The Grants Associate will lead on prospect research of potential foundation and institutional donors; track Request For Proposals (RFPs); provide administrative support for institutional grants management and stewardship; and process grant agreements, modifications and other donor required documentation.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:3 years
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Prospect Research & Solicitation: Conduct prospect research using online resources and other databases as available to identify institutional donors, including corporate, foundation and government sectors, providing regular updates to Global Director of Foundation & Government Relations, including time sensitive opportunities, Maintain and update grant prospects database with research findings and track prospect approaches, deadlines, required materials, etc. and Prepare materials for grant applications, including proposal development timelines, tracking submission guidelines and gathering all required materials; submit applications online or in hard copy, depending on donor requirements, and confirm receipt.
- Grants Management: Manage grant reporting schedule and reminder notifications to grant implementers; monitor grant implementation progress, including milestones and budget expenditure; ensure internal review process of progress/final reports; coordinate response to donor inquiries and Maintain institutional records in Raiser’s Edge including proposal submissions, reports, gift acknowledgments, and event invitations.
- Donor Stewardship: Coordinates stewardship for grants in assigned portfolio, working with Program and Finance staff to assist in the development of required reports and updates, including ensuring compliance with donor requirements and guidelines, Develop materials such as newsletters, program updates and proposals, using existing content tailored to meet specific needs, for submission to institutional donors, including foundation and government funders, Coordinate the development of content for reports to highlight program activity on a quarterly basis for institutional stewardship, including foundations and government funders and Provide logistical and administrative support for fundraising events, as needed, as a member of the Development team, including Annual Gala, Goodwill Tours, donor visits.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 3 years working experience, ideally in a fundraising environment.
- Proven experience with institutional fundraising activities.
- Proven experience with standard development practices and techniques, donor cultivation, donor relationship management, proposal and report writing, and prospect research
- Experience working with or for organizations with health as a focus area
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, including SharePoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint as well as Internet research. Previous experience with Raiser’s Edge and/or other grants management software, a plus.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English: ability to perform basic writing tasks and edit written documents effectively. Strong writing skills preferred, including story-telling, and donor-centric orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomacy skills: ability to represent Orbis in a professional and pleasant manner with all donors.
- Strong organizational skills: ability to prioritize, adhere to deadlines, and multitask.
- Ability to work accurately in a fast-paced, highly detailed work environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a culturally and professionally diverse team as well as work independently.
- Awareness of funders in global health space.
- Able to travel nationally and internationally up to 10% of the time.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.