- The blogging topics you will write about vary across science, technology, beauty, media, life skills, business skills, digital marketing, and much more. You are not required to be an expert in any of these fields but you are required to know how to use Google to conduct thorough research from multiple websites, then create an original article, all fully in your own words without any plagiarised elements whatsoever.
- Depending on your writing/research experience, our articles can be time-consuming to create at the beginning of your employment, but rest assured that as you research and write more articles, over time, you will definitely speed up and become much more efficient with your time.
- Please do not underestimate this article writing work as it requires quality research, commitment, dedication, and concentration. Meeting your submission deadline and consistently delivering high-quality work is incredibly important and crucial to your success at Social Swag Digital. Paying close attention to these areas will greatly increase your earning potential.
Full-Time Work Structure & Salary
- We are seeking to recruit full-time long term content writers to work from home and write 4000 words of original content daily.
- You are required to work Monday to Friday. Articles can come in pieces of 600 words, 800 words, or 1000 words. However, you will never do more than 4000 words day.
- We will send you an article brief and you will thoroughly research the topic online and write an article in keeping with the requirements of your article brief.
- Work is usually sent in the morning. As a full-time writer, we expect you to be ready to receive work at 8am. We normally require at least 50% of your work to be submitted by 1 pm. And the other 50% by 6 pm. Rushed or poorly written work will be returned to you for revision. All articles to be returned the same day before 6pm.
Note: We DO NOT send work in batches the day before. Work is sent one by one. This is because this is afull-time role. This role works as with any other full-time office role. The only difference is that you are working from home. So you must be available to receive work and immediately complete it when it comes through.
- There is a 3-month probationary period for all writers. The salary is $300 per month for the probationary role, paid monthly via mobile money or bank transfer.
- After 3 months, if probation is passed, your salary will rise to a fixed monthly rate of $400.
- We will supply a test article (see the link to the test article at the bottom), for which you will be paid $5 upon receipt if you're accepted. Then subsequent payments will continue on a monthly basis.
- In order to pass probation, you will need to consistently submit high standards of work on time and adhere to the job requirements detailed here below.
- Communication - If you are successful, we will add you to our Trello workboard where you will be assigned daily work.
- Pay close attention to your inbox and workboard. Respond very quickly to all our communications as our work is very time-sensitive. If you experience any issues or confusion with your work, you should let us know asap to prevent any delay.
- Full-time - As mentioned, we are after writers (preferably graduates) who are not currently working and can dedicate a full day to work. If you have another job or too many other commitments, this job is not for you. Very soon, we will be opening an office in Accra, so you can also come into the office to work if you want.
- Deadlines - Meet article submission deadlines without making excuses. Once work has been sent, you are required to start writing as soon as possible.
- Research – For each article, you must conduct thorough research from multiple websites – simply rewriting the information from one source alone is forbidden and easily detectable.
- Modern Western English - High levels in written and spoken English are required. You must be familiar with reading UK/US blogs online enabling you to write in the same blogging language/writing style, which is 'modern westernized' styles of speech and colloquialisms. This style is very easy to read and understand - it is everyday, conversational speech.
- This is not a university dissertation or a Ph.D. thesis, so avoid all use of very ‘formal/heavy’ or ‘Queen's English. With this in mind, your article should still be very informative.
- Follow Instructions - Pay very close attention to the instructions on your brief as well as our writer guidelines. You may be required to add links and choose relevantly/ appropriate titles, headings, and subheadings for your text.
Termination of Employment
- Please be aware of the following offenses that can result in your dismissal from our organization. The first two offenses are very easily detectable and must be avoided at all costs.
- Passing on your work to friends to write on your behalf
- Plagiarism – Our editing software quickly detects plagiarised work. Plagiarism refers to copy sentences from other articles, or entirely paraphrasing one single article you find online. Even if you copy 5 consecutive sentences from a single article, our software easily detects it. Once again, your work must be yours and completely original.
- Too many excuses for not submitting work - broken laptop, poor wifi, power outage, sickness – We accept that occasionally, things can be out of your control but please understand that your work is your responsibility.
- Please ensure you have all the resources you need before you start your work. If there is a serious issue, please let us know well in advance of your deadline so that we can pass on your work to another writer. If we notice a pattern of excuses, we will discontinue sending articles to you.
To apply for this position, you are required to submit a test article which we will use to determine whether this position is right for you. Your test article is 500 words. You will receive a payment of $5 for this test article if you are accepted for this position. We strongly advise you to take the time to read all the assessment instructions and study the example articles provided before you start writing.
Here is the link to your assessment:
Copy and paste it into your Chrome browser: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kG4QNueEVEY30PP5jIcH6sIASyAu3LifqsOkbie4r4Y/edit?usp=sharing
How To Apply:
If you would like to go ahead with this position, you will need to submit three documents:
1. Your Completed Assessment Article
2. Your CV
3. Your Cover Letter – explaining why you feel you are suitable for this position
Please email all three to email@example.com
Good Luck! We look forward to hearing from you.