- Check in the arriving guest and check out the departing guests in a friendly and caring manner according to the San Marino Experience Assessment Standards.
- Upon check in, register guest and assign rooms. Accommodate special requests whenever possible. Verify the guest’s method of payment and follow established credit-checking procedures or refer special payment terms to the Accounts office.
- Upon departure of guests, process the guest check out procedures. Inquire for last minute charges. Receive payment from guests. Settle the guest account and give copy of the invoice.
- Handle all front office cashiers’ transactions such as posting charges to guests and exchanging foreign currency according to the procedures. At the end of shift, balance their cash float.
- Answer all guest requests and questions in a friendly and caring manner, whether by telephone or in person, provide/receive information and takes appropriate actions or refer the matters to the relevant persons to handle.
- Managing the front desk email regarding reservations and enquiries in consultation with the marketing team whereas it involves rate negotiations and corporate enquiries.
- Coordinate room status updates with the housekeeping department by notifying them of late checkouts, early check-ins and special requests.
- Use suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
- Keep themselves informed of product and service knowledge as well as the hotel daily and meeting activities.
- Possess a working knowledge of the room reservation procedures.
- Maintain the neatness of his/her working area.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
- Qualification in Hospitality Management or related field
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in customer service position
- Operational knowledge of front desk operations or any hotel operating system is a plus.
- Excellent Communication and Organizational Skills
- Customer Service Attitude
- English – excellent oral and written skills
- Ability to handle multiple task.
- Supervisory skills
- Passionate about guest comfort and luxury.
- Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)