- Perform routine, emergency and preventative maintenance of forklifts.
- Interpret the manufacturer's technical manuals to perform the necessary maintenance and repairs needed.
- Troubleshoot forklift problems to include brake, electrical and hydraulic systems, detect imperfections, potential problems, safety issues and/or malfunctions.
- Able to diagnose and repair mast and attachment components.
- Good working knowledge of brake systems and tire/wheel changes.
- Ability to work on LP, gas and diesel systems.
- Replace broken or defective parts from stock parts and/or order replacement parts for major repairs.
- Reassemble forklifts and make all necessary adjustments for effective and safe operation.
- Perform safety inspection of forklifts prior to being released back to the work floor.
- Cleaning of equipment and other areas as required.
- Ensure work area and methods used in carrying out job duties meet safety requirements.
- Maintain an organized and neat work area.
- Competent to complete legible service documents and logs for preventative maintenance tasks.
- Learn new technical information and techniques to stay current with changing technology.
Qualification and Requirements
- A minimum of an HND is required
- At least 3-5 years work experience
- Auto electrical and auto mechanical background is required
- Knowledge of Linde forklifts, hydraulics, electrical, fuel systems, charging systems are a plus
- Must have good communication skills and be able to complete accurate paperwork
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of a service technician
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have a good attitude and be able to successfully work in a team environment
- Regular and prompt attendance required