Reports to: Managing Director
Salary range: GHS4,000 – GHS8,000 gross
Task and responsibilities
• Generate monthly report including accounts payable reconciliation, accounts receivable reconciliation, cash flow report, and balance sheet audits.
• Responsible for the various ledgers including cash disbursements, cash receipts, accounts payable, accounts receivable summary and journal entries to adjust the general ledger.
• Track the company's financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
• Seek out methods for minimizing financial risk to the company
• Research and analyze financial reports and market trends
• Develop relationships with external contacts such as auditors, solicitors and GSA & Customs.
• Provide insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
• Monitoring cash flow.
• Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports
• Present financial reports to board members, stakeholders, executives, and clients in formal meetings
• Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
• Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
• Ad hoc task.
• Mathematical proficiency
• Critical thinking
• Leadership skills
• Problem solving
• Solid communication skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail
• Technological skills
• Ability to work independently
The qualified candidate must have excellent knowledge of cash/accrual accounting, basic financial statements, budget preparation, variance analysis, capital investments and strategic initiatives.
Qualification and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree/MBA in accounting. Any other professional qualification will be an added advantage.
The qualified candidate must have a minimum job experience of 5years in a related field.