- Preparing an annual budget to cover all the SBU’s of the hotel.
- Developing job descriptions for all your subordinate staff.
- Maintaining proper accounting records (manual and computerized), i.e. cash book, petty cash book, general ledger, and purchases ledger, assets ledger, and sales ledger, debtors ledger, etc.
- Ensure daily sales are collected and banked intact.
- Maintaining an an effective system of granting credit facilities to key clients and monitoring and collecting debts.
- Responsible for providing timely and accurate financial reporting and analysis to corporate management.
- To maintain a focused system of internal controls, which will provide an effective and efficient control over the hotel assets, liabilities, revenue and costs, ensuring compliance with company policy.
- To be responsible for overall management of the accounting records and financial reports of the Hotel ensuring compliance with company, owner, statutory and fiscal requirement and time tables.
- To take responsibility for the safekeeping and updating of all leases and contracts that may affect the financial status of the Hotel.
- To ensure that an an effective program of the Hotel’s audit is in place and that corrective action is promptly taken where required.
- To develop high quality management and performance measurement that is timely, and accurate.
- To provide financial strategies to support business growth, development initiatives, major pricing decisions and other commercial decision making.
- To ensure proper use and maintenance of financial systems, including adequate recording and back up procedures
- Maintaining a record of all stock items in the restaurant, bar, and housekeeping, etc.
- Performing spot checks and physical inventory regularly, especially at the end of the month.
- Verifying invoices and payments.
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliation statements.
- Preparing quarterly trial balance.
- Preparing and updating the fixed assets register for all Strategic Business Unit (SBU)’s of the hotel.
- Review and ensure the correctness of all accounting records from January to year-end.
- Ensure effective disbursement and reconciliation of loan facilities.
- Performing other related duties.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in a Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or related field. A professionally qualified Accountant (ACCA, CA, CPA, CIMA) is an advantage
- Five or more years in a managerial position
- Health Insurance
- Training and Development
- Statutory Leave Days
- Annual Bonus
Please e-mail your CV & Cover Letter to us at email@example.com with the subject ‘Finance Manager'.
Ensure that your CV demonstrates how your experience‚ skills and abilities meet the selection criteria set out above. We will ONLY contact candidates who meet our criteria for the above role description.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.