1. Advice the Executive President and leadership on matters relating to Financial Management including treasury, asset and financial risk and ensure that leadership is well informed about key financial risk issues that need to be addressed.
2. Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
3. Ensure the accurate and timely preparation of management accounts, the effective operation and development of management systems for all accounting functions particularly those relating to purchase order, sales ledger, payroll, cash, banking and stock control.
4. Oversee the operations of the treasury department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives.
5. Spearhead the development of short, medium and long term financial plansz and champion their implementation.
1. Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment.
2. Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements.
3. Use hedging to mitigate financial risks related to the interest rates on the company's borrowings, as well as on its foreign exchange positions
4. Maintain banking relationships
5. Assist in determining the company's proper capital structure
6. Arrange for equity financing and debt financing
7. Invest funds
8. Recommend appropriate dividend issuances, based on historical dividend patterns and expected cash flows
1. Manage the preparation of the company's budget
2. Report to management on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances
3. Assist management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction
1. Engage in ongoing cost reduction analyses in all areas of the company
2. Review the performance of competitors and report on key issues to management
3. Engage in benchmarking studies to establish areas of potential operational improvement
4. Interpret the company's financial results to management and recommend improvement activities
5. Review company bottlenecks and recommend changes to improve the overall level of company throughput
6. Participate in target costing activities to create products that meeting predetermined price goals
7. Assist in the determination of product pricing in relation to features offered and competitor pricing
8. Compile key business metrics and report on them to management
9. Manage the capital budgeting process, based on constraint analysis and discounted cash flow analysis
10. Create additional analyses and reports as requested by management
11. Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company (payroll, invoicing, and other transactions).
12. Prepare monthly and quarterly management reporting
13. Participate in strategic data analysis, research, and modeling for senior company leadership
14. Support project analysis, validation of plans, and ad-hoc requests
15. Manage the company's financial accounting, monitoring, and reporting systems
16. Ensure compliance with accounting policies and regulatory requirements.
17. Perform monthly bank reconciliations
1. Oversee the extension of credit to customers
2. Recommend changes to the corporate credit policy