UAPS is a non-profit making Pan-African organization whose main objective is to promote the scientific study and application of research evidence in policy formulation and program development on population and development issues in Africa. UAPS is recruiting a full-time Finance, Grants and Operations Manager for a period of 12 months. S/He will be based at the UAPS secretariat in Accra, Ghana and will report to the UAPS President and Treasurer.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Finance, Grants and Operations Manager will:
- Supervise all grant management and reporting on grant performance.
- Manage financial and technical processes to ensure best use of resources by preparing sound budgets, monitoring project expenses and ensuring timely preparation of donor financial reports.
- Manage all accounting and banking functions for the organization and track budgets both for internal purposes and reporting to donors.
- Review and consolidate monthly financial reports to ensure accuracy and to provide regular feedback as well as for distribution to the UAPS Council.
- Confirm availability of funds for all requests for payment or charges to grants.
- Prepare quarterly reports, projections and any other required donor submissions.
- Prepare a consolidated annual fiscal report.
- Organize and prepare the required documents for annual external audits.
- Prepare and revise finance and operation guidelines to adhere to requirements.
- Oversee the day-to-day financial and administrative operations of UAPS.
- Develop business growth plans, including financial targets, and ongoing performance and evaluation.
- Respond to any other request as required.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in finance, or other relevant fields.
- Professional qualification in Accounting will be an added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 10 years’ working experience in the management of programs funded by international donors.
- In-depth knowledge of financial management rules and regulations, including International Public Sector Accounting Standards.
- Demonstrated capacity and prior experience in managing the personnel, administrative and logistical functions of programs and projects.
- Excellent analytical, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situations.
- Proven ability to prepare budgets and donor financial reports.
- Demonstrated capacity and prior experience in supervising others as a coach/mentor to train and develop their skills, including financial and management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of the French language will be an added advantage.
The salary is both attractive and competitive in the Ghanaian market, and is negotiable according to qualifications, experience and evidence of performance.
Interested applicants should include an application letter motivating suitability for the position in the COVER LETTER SECTION, as well as an updated curriculum vitae, and contact details of three referees.
Please visit the UAPS website at www.uaps-uepa.org for more information. Applicants are requested to include their telephone numbers and e-mail addresses in their updated curriculum vitae.