- Financial System Operations Management and CO Data Processing
- Treasury and Cash functions
- Budgeting and Forecasting functions
- Quality review and analysis of financial reports to support decision making
- Compliance and Control functions
- Staff Management and Development, Talent Management and Capacity Building
- Thorough knowledge of financial accounting, reporting and grants and contracts management practices and procedures
- Facilitation skills to conduct training sessions for small, medium and large sized groups
- Solid analytical skills, problem solving and experience with major donor audits (e.g USAID, EU, etc.)
- Customer focused while handling multiple priorities effectively under time pressure
- Quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards
- Good leadership, coaching and negotiation skills
- Ability to work on teams, work at detailed level and understand the larger picture
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel and Word and in using financial software applications
- Resourcefulness and action orientated
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject Accounting, Finance or Business Management or its equivalent.
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration and NGO Management or its equivalent will be an added advantage.
- A member in good standing from any recognized professional bodies such as ACCA, CPA, CA.
Years of Experience:
- Minimum of seven (7) to ten (10) years as Finance Controller, Finance Manager, Finance Director in CO environment is desired.
- Ten (10) years’ experiences in not-for-profit financial, budgeting, accounting, financial reporting, grants / contract management and business management in developing countries;