The Finance & Administration Manager will be responsible for maintaining Kokoo Pa’s financial integrity, preparing all financial reports efficiently and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), government regulations, Kokoo Pa policies and procedures, and donor requirements throughout the life of the project. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the accounting, finance and administration components of Kokoo Pa Projects, including the various petty cash funds and field offices finance, accounting and administrative activities;
- Ensure consistency with Kokoo Pa standard operating procedures, policies and accounting principles.
- Develop procedures for monitoring and analyzing project budgets, which allow accurate projection of expenditures and comparisons of actual and budgeted spending.
- Coordinate monthly requests for funds, based on budget and cash flow projections, to ensure the project has all necessary funds for operations.
- Coordinate and oversee tendering and procurement activities
- Ensure financial reporting is in accordance with government of Ghana and donor requirements.
- Advise project staff on financial health through the provision of regular and timely financial expenditure reports.
- Review and approve all vouchers prepared by the finance officers (disbursement, receipt and general journal vouchers) for expenditures and ensure that expenses are reasonable, allowable and allocable.
- Review and approve field office fund requests.
- Oversee payroll procedures for staff, administer payroll, and monitor employee time keeping
- Develop and implement office administrative and personnel systems.
- Maintain financial controls and procedures for the management of funds and sub awards/contracts.
- Produce budget projections and reports for submission to Board and donors as well as the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the organization’s Farmers Association.
- Liaise with the Operations Manager to ensure the projects and organizational needs are being met in terms of accounting, contracts, human resources, IT, and operations.
- Supervise staff and consultants working on finance and administration.
- Monitor departmental management of funds and crosscheck source documents.
- Maintain financial files and support annual audits.
- Education: Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- A minimum of 7 years’ progressive financial management and grants management experience on non-profit organizations and/or international development projects;
- At least 4 years experience with the financial management of a donor contract or grant; and
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the government of Ghana and donor funding rules and regulations.
- Strong analytical and computer skills, especially with accounting software, spreadsheets, ERP tools and financial analysis.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, creative problem-solving, conflict, ethical management skills and excellent written and oral communication skills.
Duty Station: Kumasi
Duration: 2 years renewable
Reports to: Director - Finance and Administration
Direct reports: Operations Manager, IMS Managers, Extension Officers, Inputs ShopsManagers
Other key relationships:
Executive Director, Deputy Executive Director,
Executive Committee of Kokoo Pa Farmers
Association, Donor Agencies
Interested candidates should submit an application letter and Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com by 30 th June 2021.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.