Combine your Python software engineering skills, your love of travel, and your general knowledge of the full stack, from hardware to application, networking, Linux and open source, to help customers embrace Canonical's offering on public and private clouds. Our field engineering team bring infrastructure-as-code and high-level application automation to bear to help customers create sophisticated open source deployments - from OpenStack to Kubernetes, Hadoop to Airflow
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
- Apply your knowledge of Linux, virtualisation using libvirt/KVM and your knowledge of TCP/IP networking to deliver customised solutions for our customers.
- Understanding and hands on experience with popular open source software such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Kafka, Cassandra and NGINX.
- Discuss detailed architecture, designing complex solutions and guiding customers to successful data-center infrastructure operations
- Engage early on in the pre-sales process and remain engaged throughout the delivery phase
The successful Field Software Engineer will have :
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 3 years of Linux development experience
- 3-5 years of professional experience with either OpenStack, Kubernetes, Ceph and/or Ubuntu
- Must be able to speak English fluently
- Strong background contributing code in Python and/or Go to open source projects in the cloud or devices area
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- High motivation, ability to multi-task and follow-up reliably on commitments
- Interest in customer-facing engagement, including pitching, demonstrating and understanding customer environment and needs
- Experience with or willingness to learn new technologies, including LXD, Snaps, MAAS, Juju and Ubuntu
- Ability to travel globally for periods up to two weeks; up to 50% of travel time (pending on covid-19 restrictions)
Nice to have:
- Second language - French, German, Italian or Spanish
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.