Fiber Optic Technician Job Description
• Splicing of fiber sites/ links
• Testing of fiber sites/ links
• Troubleshooting of Fiber optic links in case of fault
• Documentation/Report generation of work done.
• Inspect/check fiber routes/Hub sites as preventive maintenance
• Able to analysis OTDR traces and Generate a report as soon as a site is active
• Ensure that all sites attended to are left clean
• Generate documentation of sites within 12 hours from the implementation period.
• Ensures that all sites attended to are clearly labeled
• Save any report/documentation/traces for future reference in the recommended format
• Be able to locate faults and mobilize resources within minimal time to counter the fault
• Be able to restore links within 4hrs or less depending on the criticality
• Ready to respond to faults at any time (24/7/365)
• Diploma in Telecommunication with 3 Years’ experience
• Proficiency in Fiber Cable Termination with Connectors.
• Testing for improved performance
• Well versed in using Fusion Splicing Machine Technique
• Must have Fiber Optic Splicing & Terminating Experience
• Good knowledge of using FO troubleshooting tools like OTDR, Mass Fusion Splicing, etc.
• Troubleshooting fiber optics, electrical circuitry/related to telecom industry
• Performing fiber optic splicing, cutting, assembly and testing of cables
• In-depth knowledge of assembly and alignment of optical, mechanical and electrical components into sub-assemblies.
• Diagnoses, troubleshoots and repairs customer and network troubles. Removes and replaces defective modules, track spares and ensures repair.