A Poultry Farm requires a farm supervisor Responsible for:
- Ensuring the general cleanliness of the farm including the coops and environment
- Set up weekly scheduled tasks aside routing tasks such as feeding and egg collection etc
- Sending daily records of: feed intake, mortality, administration of medications, vaccinations, weight, and any other information necessary for the operational efficiency of the farm
- Monitor health conditions of the birds and seek veterinary advice when necessary.
- Will be responsible for employing, supervising and training of farm hands to ensure work is done professionally and efficiently
- Daily checks of the birds, monitor their conditions and vet consultations when necessary
- Identify ways to improve efficiency in the job performance of all Production personnel by keeping their productivity at the highest possible level
- To act in a managerial capacity to oversee the smooth running of operations
- Liaise with administrator and daily supply of eggs to customers
- Ensure workers get the best of working conditions
- Monitor and check ongoing work on the farm and report progress accordingly.
- Ensure biosecurity is NEVER compromised for any reason.
- Walk through the coops at the least convenience to check on the general health conditions of the birds and to ensure that cage conditions temperature and ventilation are being maintained
- Ensure that manure is scrapped everyday and taken out of the farm.
- Adopt appropriate integrated biosecurity and disease control measures to minimize the incidence of mortality is virtually zero.
- Ensure that sick birds are promptly removed and placed in quarantine and are given the proper medication and treatment to nurse them back to health.
- Prepare vaccination schedules and implement the schedule for the birds
- Ensuring livestock have ready access to f water; has appropriate environment; free from pain, injury, diseases; provided with proper facilities; also a diet to maintain full health.
- Ensure all visitors and workers are prohibited from bringing friends or family close to birds and the coops
- Ensure all visitors are required to use the footbath and wear appropriate uniforms before making contacts whatsoever with animals or enter the coop where authorization is given.
- Ensure all employees at all times wear appropriate uniforms and footwear before entering the coops. Anytime an employee goes out to run errands, the employee must thoroughly disinfect him/herself and change street clothes to farm uniforms before entering coops.
- A breach of common sense which leads any misfunction will not be tolerated.
Required Skills and Expectations:
- Will be required to live on the farm with 14-21 days leave annually. Leave will be taken all at time.
- Farm is located at Kasoa.
- A minimum of a polytechnic HND, Degree, Masters in any discipline.
- Knowledge and Experience with running/managing a medium to large scale poultry farm is a great advantage.
- Proficiency in the administration of medications for poultry.
- Experience in the Vaccination of birds.
- Proficient in the use of communication applications, such as Excel,WhatsApp.
- Ability to take a strictly business view of the operation of the farm.
- Self-motivated and ability to work individually and supervise others.
- Must be a good record keeper.
- Ability to speak and write good English.
Salary: Minimum Gh 2,000 monthly.
Admin Office Location: Adabraka, Accra
Interested persons should call 0302935603.
Applicants should also send CV's to UNIFIEDSOLUTIONSGH@GMAIL.COM
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.