A newly established Pig Rarm requires a Farm Manager
- Minimum Qualification:HND
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:1 year
- Ensuring the general cleanliness of the farm including the pen and environment
- Set up weekly scheduled tasks aside routing tasks such as feeding etc
- Sending daily records of: feed intake, mortality, administration of medications, vaccinations, weight, and any other information necessary for the operational efficiency of the farm
- Monitor health conditions of the pigs and seek veterinary advice when necessary.
- Advice on feed: Purchase, storage, feeding pattern as the best and most most efficient cost
- Will be responsible for employing, supervising and training of farm hands to ensure work is done professionally and efficiently
- Daily checks of the pigs, monitor their conditions and vet consultations when necessary
- Identify ways to improve efficiency in the job performance of all Production personnel by keeping their productivity at the highest possible level
- To act in a managerial capacity to oversee the smooth running of operations
- Liaise with to customers for the sale of pigs
- Ensure workers get the best of working conditions
- Monitor and check ongoing work on the farm and report progress accordingly.
- Ensure biosecurity is NEVER compromised for any reason.
- Walk through the pen at the least convenience to check on the general health conditions of the pigs and to ensure that pen conditions temperature and ventilation are being maintained
- Ensure that fecal and feed waste are properly handled
- Adopt appropriate integrated biosecurity and disease control measures to minimize the incidence of mortality is virtually zero.
- Ensure that sick animals are promptly removed and placed in quarantine and are given the proper medication and treatment to nurse them back to health.
- Prepare vaccination schedules and implement the schedule for the pigs
- Ensuring pigs have ready access to water; has appropriate environment; free from pain, injury, diseases; provided with proper facilities; also a diet to maintain full health.
- Ensure all visitors and workers are prohibited from bringing friends or family close to farm
- Ensure all employees at all times wear appropriate uniforms and footwear before entering the pen.
- Anytime an employee goes out to run errands, the employee must thoroughly disinfect him/herself and change street clothes to farm uniforms before entering pen.
- Will be responsible for crop production, ploughing, planting, fertilizer application etc
- Minimum a polytechnic HND, Degree in any discipline
- 1 to 2 years experience
- Knowledge and Experience with running/managing a medium to large scale livestock and crop farm is a great advantage
- Proficiency in the administration of medications for pigs.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.