Reports to: General Manager/ Chief Executive Officer
The Expatriate Factory/Production Manager supports the management team and reports to the General Manager/Chief Executive Officer. The Production Manager’s main function is to ensure efficient and timely production of pineapple slices, chunks and juice for export within budget and international market standard. The successful candidate will be able to plan, organize and control the production process and streamline processes for operational effectiveness
- Establish and facilitate departmental procedures which in turn enhance the production and efficiency of the organization, while supporting safety policies and procedures
- Implement, oversee and control the production schedule
- Supervise, review and revise staff scheduling, if required
- Monitor and regulate staffing needs to ensure optimum staffing levels are supporting production and marketing demands
- Analyze production, quality control and budgetary outcome of projects
- Oversee consumable and equipment stock and tracking programs for increased financial effectiveness
- Implement cost control programs or procedures
- Oversee, monitor and direct coordination and maintenance of plant and equipment
- Perform job site visits to ensure quality of service and budgetary compliance
- Collaborate with management for preparation of on-call schedule
- Coordinate after hours emergency staff and work as required
- Follow all internal policies and procedures in association with varying protocol
- Work under time constraints to meet specific timelines
- Monitor and schedule orientation and other training for new and existing employees in conjunction with Health and Safety Regulations
- Ensure attention to detail and keen sense of safeguarding company’s property and the production process.
- Practice good housekeeping at all times to ensure a safe and non-cluttered worksite
- Participate in and demonstrates an understanding of safety principles and practices; follows all safety policies and procedures to support a safe working environment, including safe operation of machines and equipment
- Demonstrate knowledge in manufacturing process involving caning of food products.
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering from an accredited university
- Certification in ISO/Hazard Analysis Critical Control point (HCAAP) is required
- Not less than 10 years' plant operations experience.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements for operating plants.
Required Qualities and Competencies
- Human Resources: Maintain employee confidentiality and performance management by coaching leading, mentoring and motivating employees.
- Safety: Ensure compliance of all factory regulations, health and safety protocols on the factory floor as required by law.
- Accountability: Ability to identify measures of performance and actions needed to improve or correct performance, ensuring accuracy and documentation
- Communication: Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with our staff and customers, both verbal and written.
- Leadership: Ability to delegate, set expectations, and monitor progress of all direct reports
- Time Management: Proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Able to lead root cause analysis investigations.
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast- paced environment
- Willing to work in the evenings, on call and weekends when requested
- Periodic travel may be required
- Proficient with MS Office.
Mode of Applications
Qualified and interested candidates should forward their application with resume to email@example.com
The subject of the e-mail should read – “Factory/Production Manager”
Kindly note: Only short-listed applicants will be notified.
Note: Deadline for submission of application is on the 5th of January, 2021.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.