Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
The Factory Manager has overall responsibility to the CEO for ensuring the safe and efficient working of Boomer's bicycle factory. The Factory Manager will oversee all aspects of
production from product design, through production planning, to production and post-production systems including quality assurance. The Factory Manager is responsible for
effective and efficient research and development, production capacity utilization, production equipment purchase and maintenance, and quality assurance systems.
Key accountabilities include maximizing team performance, customer satisfaction, business results, and employees’ satisfaction through
- Leading, motivating and empowering staff through effective and open communication, excellent leadership, regular performance feedback and team building
- Achieving predetermined quality standards, deadlines and cost parameters
- Ensuring high safety standards are consistently maintained
- Ensuring relevant management information is consistently recorded and communicated, both to assist in overseeing production management, and to ensure the CEO and Board can access reliable and up to date key performance information continuously available.
Job Requirements and Qualification
- Graduate with a minimum of 5 years Post Qualification Experience, including at least
- 3 Years in Senior Management in a Factory
- Knowledge of wood product design and of bamboo is an advantage
- Skills in Project Management
- Good communication skills at all levels from factory worker to customer senior management
- Leadership skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to design and implement systems and controls
- Working knowledge of ISO 4210
- Continuous improvement and managing results
- People management skills including coaching and performance management
Key performance areas
- Respond in a proactive, timely and efficient manner to all technical issues and problems that arise in production
- Ensure product designs and development that meets regulator, customer and business requirements. Produce and maintain product masters, bill of materials and production process routes;
- Manage the production, maintenance and quality control departments to ensure effective working together and that staffing meets all required technical and other coverage continuously.
- Provide leadership in the maintenance, quality and production departments
- Prepare and make presentations on projects, operations and expansion proposals to the CEO and Board
- Ensure effective planning for and procurement of relevant equipment, and prepare and lead the effective implementation of maintenance schedule for all equipment;
- Ensure up to date technical competency of all operational and engineering employees to perform their roles;
- Plan, design, and implement system changes, expansion and carry out special projects as directed by the CEO
- Be familiar with current technologies and ensure the expansion of knowledge and skills to the staff;
- Manage and maintain the function’s operating forecasts and budgets;
- Liaise with the personnel department to ensure effective recruitment, selection, orientation and evaluation of the functional team
- Implement improvements on the product design and lead research & development and commercialization of new products
- Ensure that the health and safety system and quality control and management systems are in place and adhered to.
- Set and monitor targets and standards of performance for function team members
- Ensure implemention of company policies and procedures in the factory
- Manage overall equipment effectiveness and efficient capacity utilization
- Represent the company in industry bodies and other associations
- Manage technical exchange program with group companies and technical partners
- Ensure products are produced in conformance to standards’ specifications and customer requirements
- Skills in Project Management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and use of internet
- Desirable to have a good knowledge of wood works manufacturing technologies.
- Candidate must be willing to undertake a two-month skills training on the manufacturing of the bicycles.
Deadline for the submission of application is on the 14th of January,2021.