Team Syncs is one of the teams responsible for creating and maintaining these kind of integrations. The ideal candidate loves working with APIs, including the uncertainty they bring. Some APIs we need to use are poorly designed, badly documented or unreliable, and it can be challenging to build a robust integration. Yet the satisfaction of empowering our customers to import gigabytes of data from their clunky bookkeeping software and to use Silverfin's advanced features makes it all worth it.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
What will you work on?
- Building and maintaining integrations with accountancy software packages and APIs.
- Improving and expanding our on-premise Ruby client which runs on thousands of our customer’s systems.
- Designing and building features to make the lives of our system administrators easier, such as an auto-updater and continuous deployment.
What are we looking for?
- You’re experienced in both Ruby and Rails, and also understand where the boundaries lie between them. You can code in Ruby without any of Rails’ training wheels if necessary.
- You’re up for mentoring coworkers and can give in-depth, productive feedback during code reviews. While you appreciate the small stuff, you recognise bike-shedding and can avoid its pitfalls.
- You enjoy integrating with APIs and aren’t easily dissuaded when encountering unreliable or poorly documented systems.
- You code with reason and can justify the important decisions you made during development.
- You can communicate clearly in English, both in writing and verbally.
- You know and can apply best practices when relevant. That means the usual like version control, testing, and refactoring; but also higher level concepts such as good object oriented design.
- You're aware of the trade-offs involved in proper engineering and can make balanced business decisions, keeping in mind all the stakeholders of the project.
- You’ve got opinions on code design and you can discuss them, but you’re professional enough to not let those opinions get in the way of a consensus if necessary.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.