- Research potential vendors
- Compare and evaluate offers from suppliers
- Negotiate contract terms of agreement and pricing
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery
- Review quality of purchased products
- Enter order details (e.g. vendors, quantities, prices) into internal databases
- Maintain updated records of purchased products, delivery information, and invoices
- Prepare reports on purchases, including cost analyses
- Monitor stock levels and place orders as needed
- Coordinate with warehouse staff to ensure proper storage
- Attend trade shows and exhibitions to stay up-to-date with industry trends
Qualifications and Requirement:
- A minimum of a degree (preferably in Science)
- Diploma in Supply Chain/procurement preferred
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a similar position, preferably a manufacturing unit.
- Good knowledge of Excel,
- Knowledge in Word is a MUST
- Knowledge of using other computer programs desired.
- Candidates with past exposure to buying of stores, spares, consumables, and lubricants will be preferred.