- Lead the housekeeping team in maintaining an overall clean and safe hotel for our guests as well as our employees, establishing and maintaining quality control, utilizing the proper equipment and supplies for the efficient and economical operation of the hotel.
- Maintain hotel Brand cleanliness and safety standards for both rooms and public areas and conduct daily inspections to ensure compliance.
- Maintains inventory of guest supplies, cleaning supplies, linen and ensures staff follows proper inventory/cost control procedures.
- Implement effective procedure for handling lost & found items as per hotel’s standards.
- Always comply with the hotel standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Ensure compliance with established health, safety, and sanitation standards.
- Ensure housekeeping staff maintain a high standard of personal appearance and grooming which always include wearing the proper uniform and name tag.
- Plan work schedules and room assignments with minimum disruption to guests.
- Implement key Housekeeping SOPs and ensures staff are trained to follow correct procedures and assists in annual budget preparation.
- Ensure all housekeeping operational reports including room status, linen & equipment inventory are constantly updated in the OPERA software
- Provide adequate training for housekeeping staff on the effective use of the OPERA software to ensure effective update of housekeeping operations.
- Perform other housekeeping related duties as may be assigned by management.
Qualification and Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree in Hotel / Hospitality Management from a recognized university
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in similar job role in a 4- or 5-star hotel
- Working knowledge of room management systems.
- Thorough knowledge of materials, chemicals and devices used in cleaning hotel rooms.
- Considerable knowledge in Housekeeping processes and procedures
- Ability to assign, supervise, and inspect the work of a large group of subordinates.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and heads of the various departments
- Sound knowledge of MS Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong work commitments
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Great Team player
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
Location: Airport Residential Area, Accra