Qualifications and experience
- A higher degree (PhD or Masters) in natural resource management, biological science, conservation and development or any relevant field
- Technical proficiency in the field of nature and environmental conservation, with at least 15 years professional experience, at least five of which should be in a senior management position in Ghana
- Good knowledge of conservation issues and priority setting for conservation and NGO work experience.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Proven good leadership skills, demonstrated experience and capacity to manage human and financial resources;
- Demonstrated success in fund-raising, experience with donor/aid agencies and managing multiple donor budgets;
- Demonstrated experience in project planning, management, monitoring and evaluation,
- Excellent oral and written communication in English and presentation skills.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, good diplomatic and negotiation skills and ability to operate at all levels and liaise effectively with government agencies as well as local community groups.
- Must have passion for, and commitment to nature conservation.