- Creating an overall vision and plan for the restaurant
- Designing innovative restaurant menus to suit the theme of the restaurant
- Designing new dishes to fit the menu and keeping customers returning to try new dishes
- Developing menus and item pricing
- Sourcing unique ingredients for the menus, and keeping stock levels fully up-to-date
- Keeping the kitchen fully equipped with all the tools and inventory
- Ensuring that the quality of food is consistently high and that hygiene standards are exceeded
- Organizing, employing, training new staff and motivating staff in the kitchen and on the restaurant floor
- Organizing budgets and finances for the kitchen
- Assisting kitchen staff with food prep and recipe creation
- Purchasing food and supplies from vendors approved by the company
- Exceptional business acumen, including the ability to understand P&L's
- Experience in high-volume restaurant environments.
- Executive Chef oversees provisioning of food to guests at the highest levels for consistency
- Coaches and counsels’ employees with a positive approach under the most difficult circumstances, analytical thinker, problem-solver in a complex environment
- 7 + years of proven Head Chef experience (required).
- Degree in culinary arts or related field (preferred but not required).
- Food handling and safety certificates.
- Demonstrate a sense for business (budgeting, inventory, ordering etc.)
- Fast-paced decision-making and multi-tasking abilities.
- Sufficient in organization management and cleanliness.