- Examining the electrical parts of machines and automobiles and testing components with measuring instruments
- Carry out electrical maintenance, fault finding, monitoring of the heavy equipment and other related equipment, and carry out the tasks assigned by Foreman and Supervisor.
- Replace parts and perform maintenance services on light on heavy vehicles.
- Ensure maximum operational availability of heavy equipment by diagnostic work and repair methods.
- Submit routine inspection and monitoring reports as required.
- Carry out duties independently when called out and report breakdowns and faults.
- Assume additional responsibility for heavy equipment maintenance in the absence of a Foreman.
- Ensure that emergency work is followed up by reporting to Foreman.
- Ensure work practice conforms to safety regulations and procedures.
- Ensure that all preventive maintenance (electrical) is conducted as defined in the system.
- Attend breakdowns as reported by Staff & Equipment Control on an immediate basis.
- Submit correct information about the start time and end time of maintenance activity.
- Ensures tidiness and cleanliness of workshop facilities and all equipment for which his team is responsible.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Should possess a minimum of an HND in a relevant field from an accredited institution.
- Must possess a minimum of five (5) years of working experience specifically with construction or transportation equipment.
- Previous working experience with equipment dealers, heavy construction, or transportation company is preferable.
- Auto electrician technical course.
- Have knowledge of parts.