Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop procedures for managing and disposing hazardous substances.
- Develop, monitor and constantly improve Environmental Health and Safety and Procedures for company operations.
- Develop a comprehensive Safety Standard Operating Procedure for all PRG Operations.
- Ensure safe working and environmental practices are strictly followed at all times.
- Review Safe Working Procedures when necessary.
- Keep an up-to-date record of all Environmental Health and Safety records of the company.
- Carry out periodic and spontaneous safety Audit/Inspections of all work areas.
- Promote the awareness of Environmental Health and Safety programs of the company.
- Investigate and report accidents, incidence and produce reports with recommendations promptly.
- Identify hazards associated with the workplace and to remove/address them at all time.
- Provide and maintain a safe working environment, including safe working and protective equipment for staff at all times.
- Ensure all staff attend and complete Environmental Health Safety (EHS) training courses.
- Contribute significantly to ensure that the company achieve its EHS objectives at all times.
- Ensures that those who fail to comply with Safety Regulations and Practices shall be sanctioned appropriately.
- Ensures that the company meet all Statutory Environmental Health and Safety Regulations and requirements at all times.
- Undertake other activities that promote EHS Standards and Practices as may be directed by the Company from time to time.
- Effective communication
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Safety Engineering, Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene and or related field with at least 3-5 years Post qualification experience preferably in the Manufacturing Sector.