ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 10 years
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support and facilitate strategic IT change by developing enterprise architecture to gain the maximum value while minimizing disruptive impacts.
- Facilitate an enterprise architecture that shows how the current and future needs will be met.
- Define, validate, and communicate architecture principles and standards for information and information technology assets
- Promotion of shared information technology assets which improve ICON business capability and information flows. Ensure that projects and IT solutions leverage common functionality and align with business and IT strategies.
- Liaise with business and IT stakeholders in defining and validating business/ information/ data/ application/ infrastructure/security architecture.
- Work with solutions architects to provide a consensus-based enterprise solution that is scalable, adaptable and can meet current and anticipated future business needs.
- Ensure that standard deliverables are appropriately delivered and well documented, including infrastructure, disaster recovery, data flows, and integration points.
- Contribute to the assessment, documentation, and communication of the impacts, trade-offs, risks, costs, benefits, and opportunities of IT solutions from an enterprise architect perspective.
- Contribute to the development of policies, standards and guidelines that direct the selection, development, implementation, and use of Information Technology within ICON in alignment with other IT functions.
- Liaise with senior management as part of the architecture and standards approval process.
- Keep up to date on enterprise architecture best practices and trends.
- Be actively engaged in the administration and delivery of architecture activities in line with the overall strategy.
- Present the roadmaps and other strategies to the senior management and be able to effectively communicate the business changes and subsequent benefits in a manner that can be understood and implemented.
- Work with business and IT stakeholders to evaluate complex situations accurately and identify viable solutions that create successful outcomes for the customer.
- For new products, major implementations or integration with 3rd party systems; ensure that a risk assessment is complete, including impact on data integration, data quality, performance, and controls.
- Collaborating and coordinating with a cross functional team to ensure the delivery of an enterprise level solution.
- Providing additional governance to the delivery team to ensure that Product has the appropriate Quality assurance coverage (System, Integration, Performance, Security, Automated).
- Support the growth of the delivery team through the interviewing of new candidates and mentoring existing delivery team members.
- Minimum IT/Computer Science/Software Engineering related degree or equivalent with at least 15+ years of experience on application development, implementation, and/or architecture.
- 10+ years of experience as a Senior Solution Architect / Senior Technical Architect preferably in medium-to-large scale global organization.
- Possess deep understanding of enterprise architecture, systems development concepts and complex implementations.
- Proven ability to successfully deliver large scale programme of IT change on time and within budget.
- Possess process improvement experience with a focus on continued streamlining of processes.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and conceptual skills; ability to create original concepts/theories for a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to analyze project, program and portfolio needs, as well as determine resources needed to meet objectives and solve complex business and technical problems that involve remote and elusive symptoms.
- Knowledge of project planning and management, including scope, time, and resource management.
- Possess strong interpersonal, relationship management, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrate outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Have a strong working experience in C#.Net, WCF, IIS and databases like Oracle SQL/PLSQL/MySQL and Web API.
- Be able to demonstrate good practical experience utilizing different integration and reporting technologies.
- Experience with delivering projects using Agile software development techniques.
Experience in Life Science is preferable.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.