The Enterprise Applications Architect will report to the Head of Enterprise Applications and will be responsible for reviewing the current technical architecture of the foundation. The architect will research new trends in technology to implement the latest programs to support business strategy. They may even establish working relationships with vendors to purchase new software at a better price. Importantly, they should ensure their design fits established architectural standards. They will be an extension of the current Enterprise Applications team by assisting and taking on tasks to deliver on requests from users.
The successful candidate will be based in Canada or any of our listed offices in Africa (Rwanda, Ethiopia, Uganda, Kenya, South Africa, Ghana and Nigeria).
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- User Demand – Request for use of an application that is not yet sanctioned within the Foundation.
- Document a process for the requests of use of applications not sanctioned in the Foundation as well as a workflow/form.
- Research the need for the requested application and whether an existing application meets the need.
- Research existing applications in the market that meet the user need for the requested application.
- Identify the top 2 or 3 (prioritised).
- Document the findings and the recommendations.
- Request the internal Cybersecurity team to perform a Security Assessment on the applications – and concatenate these assessments as part of the larger document.
- Facilitating the onboarding of the application (if and/or once selected) by reaching out to the vendor/s of the selected application regarding licenses and quotations thereof.
- Incorporate the applications prioritized into the Foundations Application Catalogue.
- Required to adhere to all Foundation Processes and Policies.
- May be required, at times, to assist with adhoc documentation and/or presentations compilation directly linked to these projects.
- Document and help build-out additional processes that may be identified and needed.
- Required to raise tickets on the company ticketing system, review tickets as well as respond and/or action accordingly.
- Will be required to work with people on the African continent as well as with individuals based in Canada.
- Constant verbal and written feedback and progress on tasks is required weekly.
WHO YOU ARE
- 5 years’ relevant experience within a global organization, in a similar role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Commerce, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or related area.
- Knowledge of and experience in integrating applications and consumption of API’s
- Is comfortable with developing own API and consuming existing application API (e.g., RESTful API)
- Required to integrate the Mastercard Foundation SaaS utilised applications into BetterCloud (Software as a Service Management tool) – Will work closely with the vendor for support and assistance.
- Are results driven and motivated by a sense of performance excellence and a sense of urgency; possesses a proactive and ‘self-starter’ mentality.
- Possesses a global mind-set and professional maturity and demonstrates sensitivity to working within different cultures.
- You have a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
- French language and/or local language skills are an asset.