We’re seeking a Head of Software Engineering to lead and develop our talented Software Engineers who are building new powerful APIs, features and integrations into our gifting platform. This role will attract, retain, and manage a highly-skilled remote Software Engineering team. We need someone who knows how to foster and grow a positive and performant environment in order to maximize the value generated.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
What you’ll do:
- Lead. You will lead by example and passionately foster great engineering practices and processes. You will provide and promote technical leadership. You will create a world-class Engineering environment that produces high quality scalable solutions.
- Mentor. Through regular 1-on-1 meetings with your team, you will provide feedback and direction to ensure they are continually learning and growing.
- Nurture. You’ll help us build a diverse team with a healthy culture. You will empower Engineering managers and Software Engineers to take well-defined ownership and responsibility, collectively delivering to the company’s objectives.
- Cultivate. Engineers need to constantly hone their skills and expand their horizons; you’ll help them do that by empowering them and encouraging excellence.
- Promote wellbeing. As an Engineering leader, you’ll share in the responsibility of ensuring we offer a safe and positive space for our Engineers to thrive.
- Collaborate. You’ll work closely with other managers of the people in our cross-functional product teams to ensure we work with clear communication, common understandings, and effective processes.
- Research and innovate. We aim for continuous improvement and you’ll bring that through in all aspects of your work.
- Recruit. You’ll play an active role in identifying future members of our high-performing team.
- Refine. You’ll constantly monitor productivity and process effectiveness, driving improvements to process, tooling, and methodology in order to increase value delivery and job satisfaction for our Software Engineering team.
- Communicate. You will represent Software Engineering in the Senior Management Team and translate complex technical concepts, features, and results to the company. You will build effective relationships with the other business functions, ensuring that their insights are reflected in our technical strategy and operations.
What you'll need:
- 5+ years as a software engineer
- 3+ years of people management experience, across multiple teams
- A track record of leading teams delivering complex and high-impact services at scale
- Experience managing a technical roadmap, ensuring short-term and long-term, product and technology objectives are objectively prioritized, tracked, and delivered
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem-solving, and complexity analysis
- Excellent problem-solving abilities, attention to detail, time estimation and communication skills
- An entrepreneurial and strategic mindset: you know how to collaborate, use initiative, and guide the team’s activities according to commercial impact and direction
- An eye for quality and a solid understanding of how to achieve it in complex software systems
- You know how to apply agile methodologies and software development best practices to deliver meaningful impact
- Previous experience managing remote teams
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.