- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, and test lamps.
- Layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, base on job specifications and local codes.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures
- Place conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes
- Construct and fabricate parts, using hand tools and specifications
- Fasten small metal or plastic boxes to walls to house electrical switches or outlets.
- Perform physically demanding tasks, such as digging trenches to lay conduit and moving and lifting heavy objects.
- Provide preliminary sketches and cost estimates for materials and services.
- Provide assistance during emergencies by operating floodlights and generators, placing flares, and driving needed vehicles.
- Commit to compliance with all safety standard and regulations at all time
- Perform preventative maintenance to stay ahead of potential issues
- Always seek the solution that is most cost effective without compromising quality
- Assess systems and suggest modifications to prevent future issues
Qualification and Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent required, degree in electrical engineering preferred
- Valid electrician license in good standing
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working as an electrical technician
- Experience reading blueprints and technical drawings
- Experience fabricating, assembling, and installing wire harnesses
- Experience installing electrical panels
- Experience in commercial and residential settings strongly preferred
- Extensive knowledge of electrical systems, wiring, and all necessary equipment
- Able to utilize handtools and power tools
- Solid working knowledge of all code requirements
- Ability and willingness to follow all legal and company safety regulations
- Outstanding problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Physical ability to complete this type of work, often in demanding environments
- Pride in your work
- Team-player mentality
- Able to work independently with little supervision
- Maintain all equipment in excellent working order
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
NB: Only applicants living in Accra, should apply as this role doesn't come with accommodation.