The Olinga Foundation for Human Development is a nongovernmental organization which has been working to improve the literacy and moral leadership practices among teachers at primary level for the last 20 years in Ghana. The Foundation has actively been engaged in improving the quality and literacy rates in primary and Junior High schools in eight of the most deprived districts in the Western and Eastern Regions of Ghana. The approach focuses on equipping the teachers both professionally with the attitudes, skills and behaviors to assist primary school children “break through to literacy” in the shortest possible time. (see www.olingafoundation.org) Olinga Foundation For Human Development is inviting applications from qualified persons for the position of an Education Programme Manager.
- Minimum Qualification:MBA / MSc
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:5 years
The responsibilities include
- Will be expected to work in Accra and Western regional areas including our Tarkwa Offices representing the Olinga Foundation for Human Development.
- Will coordinate, collaborate with all stakeholders identified for the project and activities in order to achieve the desired objective and outcomes from the key interventions. Manage the deliverables and timelines for the project;
- Ensuring that the training programmes are of the highest quality and act as a lead trainer during training of trainers
- Lead in conducting baseline and end line studies in the project sites and continue monitoring and evaluation work over the course of the period
- Conduct high-quality on-site supervision and coaching with teachers providing them with feedback on their teaching practice and usage of the methodology,
- Reporting on a monthly basis, district level visits, narrative and financial reporting etc.
- Liaise with all relevant stakeholders including the district education offices and regional education offices, district assemblies and nongovernmental organizations
- Build capacity of the organization to sustain literacy gains in all the schools of intervention in the western region.
The qualifications, skills and competencies include the following:
- Master's Degree from a recognized university in social science preferably in education and or social development with at least 5 years working in the education and development sectors
- Have excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Have excellent writing, analysis, and communication skills: a demonstrated interest in development with a strong commitment to working in education in deprived rural areas of the country.
- Excellent coaching, gender sensitive and team building skills/ Demonstrated ability to manage staff.
- Language competencies in Ashanti Twi and/or Fante are required
- Educational Expertise in Literacy methodologies
All applicants for the above positions should provide application letter, a detailed CV with 3 references. Please indicate the position in the email subject line. Applications should be sent to both emails: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to Olinga Foundation for Human Development. Applications should be received by 12 noon Monday 19th December 2022. Women are encouraged to apply. Applicants should ensure that they provide reliable contact numbers: Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.