We are looking for early childhood development practitioners for our pre-school.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Organizes and provides developmentally appropriate early childhood education programs; plans and implements curriculum and education for children ranging in age from six weeks to twelve years old.
- Provides activities and opportunities that encourage curiosity, exploration, and problem solving appropriate to the developmental levels and learning styles of children.
- Plans and prepares classroom setting; oversees safety and educational programs; supervises children in the classroom; provides a supportive environment in which children can learn and practice appropriate and acceptable individual and group behaviors.
- Interacts with parents and community groups; maintains open and cooperative communication with parents and families, encouraging their involvement in the program and supporting the child's family relationships.
- Writes and compiles individual assessments of each child's development; completes daily inventories, child attendance, and related reports.
- Participates in teaching undergraduate and graduate early childhood education labs, as appropriate.
- Participates in research programs concerned with improvements in early childhood teaching methods, as appropriate.
- May lead, guide, and train staff/student employees, interns, and/or volunteers performing related work; may participate in the recruitment of volunteers, as appropriate to the area of operation.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Successful completion of at least Diploma in Early Chilhood Development; at least 2 year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Knowledge of early childhood education programs and techniques.
- Knowledge of child development theory and practice.
- Ability to evaluate, design, and implement curriculum, testing, and/or teaching methodologies.
- Ability to provide activities for children that encourage healthy growth.
- Ability to exercise control and maintain classroom discipline.
- Knowledge of applicable safety procedures.
- Ability to provide a supportive and caring environment for children.
- Ability to develop and present educational programs and/or workshops.
- Ability to persuade and influence others.
- a) development and delivery of early childhood education programs appropriate to developmental levels and learning styles of children;
- b) assessment of individual child development and completion of appropriate reports and inventories
Further enquiries can be sent to email@example.com