Department Managed Services
Direct Supervisor Team leader Optimization
Dept manager Head of NPM
Key Responsibility Areas
Job Role and Key Responsibilities
• Setting up of the drive test kits to perform both routine and benchmarking drive test
1. Use of TEMS Investigation 6.1/8.1/9.2
2. Use of Scanner for 2G and 3G
3. Use of GPS and compass
4. Use of MapInfo and Google Earth
• Collecting network quality report through drive tests in assigned routes and for 2G GSM/GPRS/EDGE, 3G UMTS/HSDPA
• Interpretation of the network quality performance data (analysis of voice, data and video calls, FTP, HTTP and streaming) collected from drive test.
• Drawing up recommendations for the correction of quality problems identified from the drive test both for voice and data.
• To analyze drive test results and to generate reports with recommendations and actions
• For each drive test or optimization activities undertaken the staff must produce a report on the work done and its impact on the network quality.
Deliverables / Performance Measures (Goals and targets to be achieved, reporting etc.):
Manage drive testing benchmarking and follow up within SLA; Meeting KPIs, KQIs and all related quality parameters. Accurate and Timely Reporting
Minimum Experience Requirements
Skills and Knowledge (List of the key competencies needed in the position):
• Experience in telecommunication networks
• Experience in 2G and 3G network elements (RNC, Node-B, BSC, BTS)
• Familiar with GSM, 3G and IP protocols
• Drive Test Tool: TEMS, Probe, NEMO (Extensive experience on at least one of these tools is mandatory)
• Experience of at least one RF Planning and Prediction Tool (UNET, Atoll, Asset)
• ACTIX (For post-processing of DT Logs)
• Knowledge of network topology, traffic handling capabilities and traffic characteristics.
• Knowledge of network performance / configuration parameters and their interpretation and use.
• Network service / performance focused.
• Analytical and conceptual thinking
• Calm approach to potentially stressful situations
• Strong Interaction & Communication skills with different groups/teams in a multicultural environment
• Proficiency in English language
Core Job Related competences
- 2-3 years experience in the field of Cellular RF Planning and Optimization. At least 1 year in UMTS RF Optimization Trouble Ticketing and Work order aspects
- Computer Literate, Microsoft products: Outlook, Office suite, Internet
- Drive Test Tool: TEMS, Probe, NEMO (Extensive experience on at least one of these tools is mandatory)
- Experience of at least one RF Planning and Prediction Tool (UNET, Atoll, Asset)
- ACTIX (For post-processing of DT Logs)
- Willingness to work flexible hours and 24x7 availability.
- Customer Focus
- Performance and Results Orientated
- Effective Communication and Impact
- Continuous Improvement and Managing Change
Qualification - Degree or above in electronic, computer, communications, science and engineering professionals
Language: English and one local Language