• Develop and execute innovative procurement strategies to reflect all departmental and units’ needs.
• Manage every aspect of the supply chain and notify management of any possible obstacles to achieving value for money.
• Institute policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the Public Procurement Act, 2003 Act 663 as amended.
• Perform cost analysis and set appropriate benchmarks.
• Create policies and procedures for risk management and mitigation as it relates to procurement.
• Monitor purchases and deliveries to determine if vendors are meeting performance demands/contracts.
• Participate in procurement process as required under the Public Procurement Act, 2003 Act 663 as amended.
• Develop, prepare and finalize (framework) contracts, term and conditions, and specification validation.
• Plan and facilitate staff development and team building.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply
• A minimum of 7 years post qualification experience in Supply Chain Management or as a Procurement/Purchasing Management 4 years of which must be in a middle management position.
• A Master’s Degree in procurement or supply chain management/procurement is an added advantage
• Excellent drafting skills end effective spoken and presentation skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain good working relationship within the office.
• Ability to work as part of the team, while taking initiatives to design and lead own work plans;
• Ability to develop clear goals consistent with agreed strategies, identify priority activities.
• Ability to identify and develop new approaches and innovative ways and means to achieving value for money in procurement.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.