- Lead the corporate sales and marketing programmes at the National Sales levels, develop competitive marketing plans and trade channel strategies (annual trade plans and promotional calendar) for Ghana. Ensure the greatest return for every dollar spent by the business.
- Accurately update Trade Spend system with the Trade Spend forecast, accruals and actuals.
- Ensure timely and efficient reconciliation of trade spend.
- Coordinate and lead the monthly Trade Spend review, to analyze, investigate and understand any trade spend variance with forecast.
- Understand what activities deliver the greatest ROI for our business. Share the findings with the Sales team and influence the promotional calendar to feature activities which deliver the greatest ROI.
- Analyze and understand P&L variances from budget and forecast.
- Gather and evaluate market intelligence, shopper trends and trade information to assist management in making better decisions and strategies for business growth.
- Analyze competitors’ products and services, strengths and weaknesses (SWOT) Analysis. Provide recommendations and solutions based on the outcome of the SWOT Analysis to improve the company’s sales and marketing approaches.
- Responsible for Pricing Strategy, Products Positioning in the market and Market Share Growth.
- Constantly innovate our selling tools, processes and systems to ensure the sales team have a world class set of tools and propositions to grow sales.
- Regular reviews and updates with the Customer Marketing Manager.
- Always demonstrate the company’s Corporate values.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Ideal candidate should be a Chartered Marketer or MSc/MBA with Marketing Option, with at least 15 years of professional experience
- Have experiences in Retail Marketing/ Trade Marketing / Category Management or Modern Trade Sales from Consumer Goods /FMCG Industry.
- Full understanding of Modern Trade customers and their needs.
- A proven ability to deliver change to tools and processes, and to deliver improvements to a team’s way of working.
- Strong influencing, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Intelligent, achievement oriented, self-motivated, pleasant personality with the desire to learn and grow.
- An ability to identify and pursue opportunities to deliver great outcomes.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and French will be an added advantage.