The Position is for a short-term contract of six (6) months, with the possibility of becoming permanent.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the provision of inputs for the formulation of policies
- Oversees the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the programmes and activities of the Department
- Exercises oversight responsibility for the efficient and effective management of the human, material and financial resources of the Department
- Co-ordinates the preparation of the annual budget of the Authority
- Oversees the preparation and submission of the annual budget of the Authority
- Oversees the analysis and interpretation of financial reports for the Authority
- Oversees the preparation of annual financial performance reports of the Authority
- Maintains appropriate relationship with relevant Ministries, Departments and Agencies of government and stakeholders on issues relating to finance
- Identifies sources of funding to improve the revenue base of the Authority
- Advises Management on the financial management laws, regulations, fiscal policies and any other financial issues
- Provides financial advice for the development of proposals
- Ensures the implementation of financial recommendations contained in audit reports
- Ensures the judicious use of funds in accordance with relevant financial regulations
- Ensures the development and implementation of financial control system for the Authority
- Ensures the preparation of annual and other periodic reports of the Department
- Oversees the implementation of the Performance Management systems within the Department
- Supervises and appraises the performance of subordinate staff.
Qualification and Experience
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree from an accredited tertiary institution in any of the following fields: Finance, Accounting or any other related disciplines
- Must be a chartered member of a recognized and relevant professional body (e.g. ICA-GH, ACCA, or CIMA)
- A minimum of ten (10) years post-Bachelor’s degree or its professional equivalent relevant work experience, five (5) years of which must be in Senior Management position
- Must pass a selection interview conducted by the Authority.