A Public Service institution is seeking a versatile, proactive and results-oriented person for the position below at its Head Office in Accra, To provide technical and operational support for the effective and efficient performance of the Internal Audit functions.
- Minimum Qualification:MBA / MSc
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:8 years
REPORTS TO: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER BOARD OF TRUSTEES
SUPERVISES: AUDIT STAFF
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides inputs for the formulation of policies.
- Ensures the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of policies, programs and activities of the Unit.
- Ensures the efficient and effective management of the human, financial and material resources of the Unit.
- Monitors IT systems to ensure they follow policies and practices.
- Undertakes detailed audits of information technology systems and infrastructures to verify systems are secure and support the related applications or business processes.
- Prepares internal IT audit reports and submits recommendations.
- Ensures the development of the Fund’s audit universe and risk register.
- Ensures external audit queries are adequately responded to.
- Ensures the confirmation of deliverables before payment.
- Ensures the evaluation of the effectiveness of the internal control systems.
- Collaborates with the Internal Audit Agency and other related bodies in the performance of audit functions.
- Ensures the preparation of periodic and annual audit plans.
- Ensures the planning, implementation and maintenance of appropriate internal audit systems.
- Ensures compliance with internal audit, financial administration regulations, procedures and standards.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of governance and risk management systems.
- Ensures the conduct of pre-audits.
- Oversees the implementation of the performance management system within the Unit.
- Ensures the conduct of periodic, special and annual audits.
- Ensures the preparation of budget and work plan for the Unit.
- Ensures the preparation of annual and other periodic reports of the Unit.
- Supervises and appraises the performance of immediate subordinate staff.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Auditing or any other related discipline from an accredited tertiary institution.
- Must be a chartered member of a recognized and relevant professional body (e.g. ICA-GH, ACCA, CPA or CIMA).
- A member of the Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) will be an added advantage
- Membership of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of eight (8) years post-bachelors or its professional equivalent relevant work experience, four (4) years of which must be in Senior Management position.
- Proficient in using computer software (e.g., ACL, SQL, Excel) and application systems
- Good knowledge in financial management laws, regulations and fiscal policies.
- Good leadership and management skills.
- Good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Negotiating, lobbying and conflict management skills.
- Ability to inspire and motivate.
- Ability to review IT, operational and business risks, functions and activities, and evaluates client relations
- Knowledge in relevant IT applications.
- Good strategic management skills.
- Good analytical skills
- Knowledge in Risk management
- Knowledge in Computer Assisted Audit Techniques (CAAT)
- High integrity and good ethical standard
- Monitoring and evaluation skills.
- Knowledge in administrative procedures.
- Conflict management.
- Report writing skills.
How to apply:
Interested persons who meet the requirements may submit their applications and recent CVs with full contact details and names and addresses of three (3) referees to:
The Principal HR & Administration Manager
PMB CT 223
email email@example.com (Please indicate position applied for at the top left of the envelope or in the subject line of the email)
Closing date for the application is September 28 2022
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.